cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIMM on server has an invalid FRU

eallum
Level 1
Level 1

Need help fixing current version of UCSPE.

UCS Manager in UCSPE 2.13aPE1 shows fault: identity-unestablishable, description: warnings of XX DIMM on server X/X has an invalid FRU.

Hardware inventory shows that both these parts have the same PID. Added Hynix memory to the hardware inventory configuration and it displays as Samsung however adding Samsung shows correctly.

16GB DDR3-1866MHz RDIMM/PC3-14900/dual rank/1.5V16GB DDR3-1866MHz RDIMM/PC3-14900/dual rank/1.5VHynix15-14068-01UCS-MR-1X162RZ-A
16GB DDR3-1600MHz RDIMM/PC3-12800/dual rank/1.35v16GB DDR3-1600MHz RDIMM/PC3-12800/dual rank/1.35vSamsung15-13615-01UCS-MR-1X162RY-A
17 Replies 17

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll have our UCSPE Dev team look at this and see if they can reproduce it.

I'll get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Eric

We are having similar Faults showing up on all of our new B420 M3 Full width blades.

Check-out the screenshots and please advice!

B420M3-Capture.png

UCS Manager - 2.1.(1e)

Chassis IOM 2204XP - 2.1.(1e)

CIMC and Adapters - 2.1.(3a)

Hi,

This error because of capability catalog mismatch. For 2.1(XX) series firmware try the capability catalog version 2.1.3g

To update catalog follow steps:

1. Download catalog bin file from Cisco site, download it to UCSM.

2. Click on equipment on UCSM.

3. Right side panel, select "Firmware Management" under that "Catalog Package" click on "Change catalog package version" under Actions.

4. From the drop down list select 2.1(3g)T version. Click on apply.

5. Once done, reset all IOMs from each chassis to effect the new catalog version.

Catalog version.png

Harald Farinato
Level 1
Level 1

Same fault errors here with UCS-MR-1X162RY-A DIMMs on B200M2:UCS_B200M2_Fault_Memory.png

UCS_B200M2_Firmware_2.png

How can we solve this issue?

Hi,

This error because of capability catalog mismatch. For 2.1(XX) series firmware try the capability catalog version 2.1.3g

3. Right side panel, select "Firmware Management" under that "Catalog Package" click on "Change catalog package version" under Actions.

5. Once done, reset all IOMs from each chassis to effect the new catalog version.

Catalog version.png

paulharford
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys

any update on this issue ? we have the same warnings showing on new b200m3 blades

Paul

Hi,

Catalog version.png

HBernard
Level 1
Level 1

Was this ever resolved?  We're experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Henry

This is a known defect, that we have root caused, and created a fix for.  We have yet to identify a target release for this particular bug, as it's a core UCSPE bug, that has no workaround to date other than to replace the DIMMs that’s showing Invalid FRU with a different DIMM. However the warnings on UCSM does not impact server discovery or Service Profile association.  I'll update this thread with the UCSPE we will fix it in, once the release has been identified.

Hi,

Catalog version.png

manoharvce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Catalog version.png

khauser1983
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this exact same issue with my USC Chassis.  I have six servers and half the memory in each give me this.  I have moved the ram and it does follow the strips.  The real issue is it is Cisco branded memory purchased from a cisco reseller.

I am running version 2.2(c) in firmware and catalog.  Hav ebeen working with Cisco for over a montha nd no luch so far.

Hi, Kevin,

I have solved this issue by updating to a newer catalogue version.  And eventually updating the UCSM Firmware.

you can update only your ucsm firmware as the version you are currently running support many version of blade firmware so you should be ok.

changing the catalogue is painless and risk free.

hope this helps

Steph.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

Leon Hoffman
Level 1
Level 1

This was happening to me after adding 4 more DDR3 DIMMS.  Each server had a Fault Code:F0502.

I updated the catalog to the latest 2.2 catalog available and that did not resolve the issue.

I was able to resolve the issue by reseting the CIMC (Server Controller).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: