Views
Helpful
Replies

Publish Text Alerts in IP Phone and Communicator

prabodh20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement, where i need to publish/feed Text alerts to IP Phone and Communicator dynamically. It could be really helpful, if i could have inputs (documents/samples) to achieve this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Prabodh Panda

6 Replies 6

szilard.papp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on the same issue. I found something but couldnt make it work. I tried to push the following script below to the phone through its CGI:

<CiscoIPPhoneText>

<Title>Title text goes here</Title>

<Prompt>The prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<Text>Hello World</Text>

</CiscoIPPhoneText>

Unfortunatelly, it didnt work. Am I missing something? I mean obviously yes but can anybody help and point me to the right direction?

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Prabodh,

You can find the latest developer guide on devNet

https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/endpoints/ip-phone-services/documentation/

If you could specify what are you trying to achieve here, so that the forum can help.

Szilard,

You can download the SDK from the same url above, there are some pretty good example for you to follow.

Hope this help

Howard

Hi Howard,

Thank you for the reply.

To be precise in my requirement,  I could need to PUSH notification/alerts  from my hosted service to IP Phones. If during any emergency if the hosted services receives a alert message, it need to PUSH/broadcast these alerts in to IP Phones.

Please let me know if any any other information.

Regards,

Prabodh Panda

Ting-Hao,

I managed to send and authenticate commands to the phone via CGI. Example I can set the background of the phone by pushing the buttons remotely. My problem is that I am unable to send simple text message. The one I used above doesn't work.

Any idea what I might missing?

regards,

Szilard

The CiscoIPPhoneText object as above should be what you want.  It may be helpful to look at a network packet capture (i.e. Wireshark) of the HTTP request/response to the phone, to ensure the raw data is as expected.  Feel free to post the pcap here if you don't spot the issue.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/endpoints/ip-phone-services/wiki/openingsteps/

sbenavid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prabodh,

We're currently have a requirement similar to what you need to accomplish. Have you solved it? Could you share how did you do it? We cannot send any push to the ip phones, neither text nor images... nothing.

Any tip or trick can you share with us?

Regards.

--

Saul Benavides

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: