cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving Call Events (Delievred/Offer/Ring State) on a Route Point.

ThePrimasGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been developing with UCCX-CTI because it provided more information about both Agents and Queues. But i have recently hit a snag where i cannot get any Call Event information on a Route Point. So i need to know if is it possible to get Call Event information (such as Delivered/Offering/Ringing) if i monitored a Route Point via TAPI?

Can anyone help guide me or provide anything towards a possible answer please?

FYI - If this is a configuration issue, i still need help, as I don't have any experience with configuring the CUCM or UCCX.

Many Thanks,

Rich.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot monitor route points via UCCX CTI, a call must be routed to an agent to be monitored via UCCX CTI.

You should be able to monitor route point events.  According to the TAPI documentation on CTI Route Point:

You can use Cisco Unified TAPI to control CTI route points. CTI route points allow Cisco Unified TAPI

applications to redirect incoming calls with an infini

te queue depth. This allows incoming calls to avoid

busy signals.

CTI route point devices have an address capab

ility flag of LINEADDRCAPFLAGS_ROUTEPOINT.

When your application opens a line of this type, it can handle any incoming call by disconnecting,

accepting, or redirecting the call to some other directory number. The basis for redirection decisions can

be caller ID information, time of day, or other information that is available to the program.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot monitor route points via UCCX CTI, a call must be routed to an agent to be monitored via UCCX CTI.

You should be able to monitor route point events.  According to the TAPI documentation on CTI Route Point:

You can use Cisco Unified TAPI to control CTI route points. CTI route points allow Cisco Unified TAPI

applications to redirect incoming calls with an infini

te queue depth. This allows incoming calls to avoid

busy signals.

CTI route point devices have an address capab

ility flag of LINEADDRCAPFLAGS_ROUTEPOINT.

When your application opens a line of this type, it can handle any incoming call by disconnecting,

accepting, or redirecting the call to some other directory number. The basis for redirection decisions can

be caller ID information, time of day, or other information that is available to the program.

Hi,

Yes i found this as well. But even when i determine that the address has the "LINEADDRCAPFLAGS_ROUTEPOINT" capability, i still cannot successfully execute the 3rd Party Monitor function via lineDevSpecific. I was expecting for this to work and that i receive some kind of information of a call going through a Route Point.

In my current Environment (ENV) I have found that the CTI Ports in the Route Point are normally ringing, but never the Route Points themselves. But i think this is because i have not successfully monitored one yet.

I agree, i read the doc a few times now, and it implies that i could monitor a Route Point because it confirms that it is possible to control one. And for that you normally need to be notified of a call via a CTI event to execute Call Control functions.

I am now wondering if the Route Point needs some permission, configuration or something. Or if it is a flag needed in the code that i am not aware of... but at this point im stuck and cannot move forward.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: