Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - do not disturb

joerg.oppat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when setting the status to "do not disturb" I expect that no calls and no chat  are sent to the jabber client.

We tested it with iOS (9.6.0.163302) and Windows (9.6) and for both the "do not disturb" is ignored.

Any idea?

Thanks Joerg

3 Replies 3

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Joerg,

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.6 Release Notes - Known Issues, Limitations, and Important Notes [Cisco Jabber for Windows] -…

This is not currently supported according to the 9.6 release note

Setting your status to 'Do Not Disturb' in the client does not divert, or block, incoming calls.

To divert calls, users must set 'Do Not Disturb' on their desk phone devices.

Thanks,

Howard

I see it is still the case that this is not supported in the latest Jabber client 10.5. Does anyone know if this is a feature to be added any time soon? It doesn't seem to make sense that these two are independent and cannot be synced.

Is there currently anyway to see the DND IP phone status from within Jabber, Will it just show as available? I saw some details around this being visible from BLF but not sure about from within the Jabber client.

Jason - you ever find a way around this?  We've been through a TAC case only to hit that this isn't exactly a supported option yet (if ever), even in the latest 11.5.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: