Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Version info of Unity Connection Using Rest Interface

chao guo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a question need your help, I try to using the rest interface of unity connection to get the version of cuc, But I get the response info of version is not the same as the system version.

Unity Connection System Version is "Cisco Unity Connection version: 10.0.0.97026-19", But using the interface, I get the version is "Cisco Unity Connection version 10.0.0.284".

I don't know why this occurs, or the cisco have already update the rest interface of "get version of unity". the following shows the interface info I used.

"GET /vmrest/version HTTP/1.0\r\n";

"Host:localhost:8443\r\n";

"Authorization: Basic " + authorization + "\r\n";

"Accept: application/*\r\n";

"Content-type: application/xml\r\n";

"Content-length: ";

Thanks

4 Replies 4

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chao,

That's the correct REST API to get the system version. Have you recently upgrade the system or has this worked correctly for you before? Can you send the full request/response so we can examine further? Thanks.

David

Hi David,

The following is the request / response info of get unity connection version.

request:

GET /vmrest/version HTTP/1.0

Host:localhost:8443

Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Y2NpZSMxMzI0MQ==

Accept: application/*

Content-type: application/xml

Content-length: 0

response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 08:00:00 CST
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONIDSSO=1904BE368F7D6DDF71DDC419A34D2F35; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=FA5EB05835C80ED4D984DDF351331ABC; Path=/vmrest/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: REQUEST_TOKEN_KEY=6651972744563398447; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Type: application/xml
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 01:21:54 GMT
Connection: close
Server: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><VersionInformation><name>vmrest</name><version>10.0.0.284</version></VersionInformation>

The following picture is the unity connection system info:

UnityVersion.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Hi Chao,

Can you post the output of "show version active" and "show cuc version" from admin CLI?

It seems that 10.0.0.97026-19 is the version of common build (CUC+CUCM). The actual version of UC may differ.

The /vmrest/version API makes request on UC database and returns the output of following query which you can verify as well.

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select FIRST 1 Product FROM tbl_SchemaInformation WHERE IsCurrent=1

Hi Apar,

Yes,  Perhaps you are right, But is there a way to get the version of "10.0.0.97026-19" using AXL API ?

Thanks