cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MediaSense with JTAPI?

Doug.Brinkmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone using JTAPI to fork a media stream from IP Phone to MediaSense?  I'm looking into CiscoTerminalConnection->addMediaStream.

I'm not quite sure what streamDN means here.  "A String object representing the DN of the endpoint that will be streaming media to this call. This is usually an IVR or CTI Port."

Am I headed in the right direction here?  Is there a CTI Port for Media Sense?

CiscoTerminalConnection ->

addMediaStream
void addMediaStream(java.lang.String streamDN,
                    java.lang.String callingPartyNumber)
                    throws javax.telephony.PlatformException,
                           javax.telephony.InvalidStateException,
                           javax.telephony.ResourceUnavailableException,
                           javax.telephony.InvalidArgumentException

Adds a Media Stream to this call, using the CiscoTerminalConnection object that invoked this API. A second, background call will be placed to the DN specified by the IVRDN parameter, and this call will be mixed in to the invoking CiscoTerminalConnection's Built-In-Bridge.

Parameters:
streamDN - A String object representing the DN of the endpoint that will be streaming media to this call. This is usually an IVR or CTI Port.
callingPartyNumber - A String object representing information that will be shown as the calling party number to the streamDN when the call is initially offered to it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Yes but it’s really Callmanager (CUCM) that is actually handling the request. A JTAPI application would instruct CUCM to
invoke recording on the BiB (and gateways, starting CUCM 10.0). CUCM will send
a SIP invite to MediaSense, which will then consume RTP streams from the ‘media forking point’ (BiB or Gateway).

JTAPI

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Yes but it’s really Callmanager (CUCM) that is actually handling the request. A JTAPI application would instruct CUCM to
invoke recording on the BiB (and gateways, starting CUCM 10.0). CUCM will send
a SIP invite to MediaSense, which will then consume RTP streams from the ‘media forking point’ (BiB or Gateway).

JTAPI

Thanks!  I actually found the "startRecording" on the ciscoTerminalConnection that did exactly that.  Simple code, and everything was handled through pre-defined CUCM configuration.

I'm struggling a bit now, trying to find a way to stop a recording.  We're using Media Sense 8.5, and the MediaSense API is failing for some reason when I call stopRecording - without any detail in the response (it just says "API call failed, please verify the deviceRef...", but inputs are fine. I can query other active recordings and find it on that same deviceRef).  My best guess is that the originator (i.e. CUCM) is the only one allowed to stop the recording.  This seems a bit strange to me, because telling MediaSense to stop recording - since it's actually doing the recording - it should definitely know how to not continue to record - even if the stream is still coming in.

Anyway, assuming this is true, and I need to call JTAPI to stop the recording, any hints at where I should look for this API call?  Intuitively, it seems like it should have been "stopRecording" - or "terminateRecording" on the same ciscoTerminalConnection object.  But I don't see anything like that.  Any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

Since you startRecording via JTAP I suggest you post your question about stopping the recording in the JTAPI forum here

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/collaboration/call-control/jtapi

Ok, thanks!  On the MediaSense topic, do my assumptions about the failure in stopRecording through MediaSense sound correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: