Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to alter finesse level CSS?

adrian_williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

So I have another fun one...I have a simple bar (gadget) that is getting its height set by the CSS property(ies) "#finesse-page-gadgets-workspace .gadgets-gadget"  (this is from the finesse/css/container/body.css file).  When I have it open in my browser console, I can see it's setting the height (height: 36px;) and changing that value changes the height of the div. 

I've tried a number of different methods of changing the height to what I need (46px) including custom CSS (which I don't think works because it's at the gadget level and I think the one in question is at the container level) and gadgets.window.adjustHeight(46)" in my JS file...which also doesn't work.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

2 Replies 2

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot alter Finesse desktop CSS

But gadgets.window.adjustHeight(36); should work. Usually I let the Finesse desktop (OpenSocial container) determine the height of the gadget based on the content by not specifying the height parameter: gadgets.window.adjustHeight();

However, In the GoogleMapsScreenPopSampleGadget available for download here https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/GoogleMapsScreenPopSampleGadget 

I set the height to 1000 using gadgets.window.adjustHeight('1000');

Hi there!

Yeah, something is going wonky here...the adjustHeight command isn't affecting anything...and I'm implementing in a number of places to try to get it working...I'll keep trying.

As an aside, it appears that I'm bound to IE8 CSS standards?  Is that correct and is there any way around that?

Thanks,

Adrian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: