cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using different version of jQuery for Finesse 9.1(1) gadget

yogeshkumarlog
Level 1
Level 1

I am also facing problem in embedding our UI to finesse gadget as our UI uses jquery 1.8 and latest version of bootstrap and Finesse 9.1(1) uses jquery 1.5.

Is there any solution where I can use jquery 1.8 in finesse 9.1(1) at least for UI part.

5 Replies 5

yogeshkumarlog
Level 1
Level 1

Also, as UI completely messed up so I try using jQuery 1.5 with the current UI and result is completely different inside gadget and directly opening in browser (or as iframe).

I don’t know if something also needs to be considered?

I don’t know about Finesse 9.1.1 and jQuery 1.5 but with Finesse 10.0.1 I used jQuery 1.9.1 with bootstrap 2.3.2 with no issue in the WorkflowScreenPopSampleGadget

I suppose jQuery.noconflict could work but you are on your own. Per jQuery having 2 versions of jQuery is not recommended.

Hi,

We are facing some problem integrating our UI with Finesse gadget. One of the problem I was able to figure out. It was not actually related to JQuery but how finesse loads CSS files.

Initial we loading one CSS file like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/SomeCSS.css"/>tabs wrong.JPG

And that's how we are getting the result. Though this gadget is in the first visible tab.

Loading css through jquery after page load resolved the problem:

$('head').append($('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />').attr('href', 'http://Full-CSS-Path/css/SomeCSS.css'));

Correct tab.JPG

This method takes away lot of flexibility from us. for example we have to give full path of the css...relative path was not working.

Also we have to perform some action based on this css as soon as it use to load. So we use to call jquery page load function. Now as this is added after page is loaded and we can not determine when actually the css be actually loaded...

Please suggest if iam doing anything wrong or this is how it is suppose to work..

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Finesse only supports the version of jQuery tested with the finesse javascript library which for Finesse 9.1.(1) is jQuery 1.5

Your only option is to upgrade to Finesse 10.0(1) and use jQuery 1.9.1

yogeshkumarlog
Level 1
Level 1

i was hopping to use jQuery.noConflict for that purpose.....Logically it should work?

Also, I am not getting the same result with jQuery 1.5 inside gadget and directly in browser(or in iframe)....In firebug console i am not getting any error which point me to the problem...is there any way to debug it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: