Views
Helpful
Replies

How to count the total number of social contacts in a certain status

andrea.ogliari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have developed a web application that wants to be a copy of the "Home/CampaignResults gadget".

So there is a combobx that lists all the campaigns availables.

And a combobox that list all the possible status of a social contact (unread, reserved, etc.).

When the user chooses a certain campaign, I list all the contacts of that campaign.

It's a paginated list.

I can obtain the total number of social contacts for a single campaign by adding the parameter "metrics= true" in the get campaign list api command. And this is ok.

But, as I said,  the user can also filter the social contacts by status.

So the question is:

Is it possible to obtain the total number of contacts for a given campaign in a certain status?

Without this info I cannot calculate the total number of pages.

Bye,

Andrea

3 Replies 3

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

The SocialMiner API allows you to get a count of the social contacts in a campaign using the http://

There is no method to retrieve a count of just those with a certain status.

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Take a look at the campaign results API documented in chapter 7 (page 41) of the 10.0 SocialMiner Developer’s Guide. You can call this API using the filterStatus parameter to get an ATOM feed of all of the contacts with a given status. The tricky part is that the maximum number of entries that can be retrieved using the API is 200. If you are expecting more than 200 results, you will need to retrieve the next page of results using the startIndex parameter (described on page 43). Once you have paged through all of the results, count up the number of entries that you have received to get the number of contacts in a given state.

Yes, this is a possible solution.

But is quite dirty.

If I have a campaign with thousands of results, this solution is not easily applicable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: