cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Agent Name and Skill Group Name from CTI Protocol?

RBR_GSchofield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm coming from a background of having developed a CTI OS application which gathered information about agents and skill groups, including the names of both, and used these along with other call data (such as call variables and ECC variables) to update an external database.

With the introduction of Finesse (to replace CTI OS as it is EOL?) my first instinct was to move to Finesse to do what my application currently does via CTI OS but a document in the Finesse community suggested that attempting to monitor every agent from a single XMPP connection was an untested and therefore unsupported operation so I continued to search for another alternative which is when I found the DevNet section about the CTI Protocol.

Looking through Version 16 of the CTI Protocol specification, I cannot see any mention of agent name or skill group name.  There is a passing reference to first name and last name as being floating fields for a CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT message but the specification does not describe the CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT message.

In CTI OS I primarily used the AgentInfoEvent and SkillInfoEvents to obtain the names of the agent/skillgroup but I cannot find an equivalent in the CTI protocol.  I was under the impression from elsewhere in the communities that CTI OS and Finesse were built on top of the CTI protocol so assumed that this information would be readily available.

Can anyone advise if I am missing something obvious?  Is there a separate interface from which this sort of information can be gathered (if so what interface and please point me at the specification on DevNet).

Cheers.

2 Replies 2

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Agent Name and Skill Group Name are not available in the published CTI protocol version 16.

CTIOS uses CTI Server closed messages that are not made public for Agent Name and Skill Group Name.

Thanks for the response.

Any suggestions on how to obtain Agent (First + Last) Names and Skill Group Names from a UCCE system without using CTI OS or Finesse?  Ideally notifications of Create/Update/Delete actions on the Agents/Skill Groups in order to maintain accurate information.

The only thought I have at the moment is to go directly to the SQL database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: