Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRIME API - Changing Rate and size limiting

I've been trying to change the rate and size limiting in cisco since I want to get a list of active client but I can't seem to figure how to do it.

In the documentation there is a small paragraph about it :

Rate and size limiting is configured with properties as defined in the table below. These properties can only be changed by a systems administrator, and require a platform restart to take effect.

The properties must be saved in a file named nbi.properties and placed in the directory ${XMP_HOME}/conf/ where ${XMP_HOME} is the property that locates the root of the Prime Infrastructure installation.

But I'm not sure on how to proceed, I have root-enable my server but I can't seem to find the conf folder.

Thanks for the help

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Apart from what TAC  have provided i not sure there is much documentation available. Please refer

Cisco Prime Central Quick Start Guide, 1.2 - Cisco if you have not gone through.

Please refer Cisco Prime Home - Products & Services - Cisco

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Any more information about this?

I created a new nbi.properties file (there were none existing) under /opt/CSCOlumos/conf and I added this line

nbi.rateLimit.perUserThreshold=-1

and then I restarted the sever.

It doesn't seem to have any effect, my requests start failing after five queries, which is the default value as listed here:

Prime Infrastructure API Documentation | Cisco Prime Infrastructure API

Would appreciate any help.

Hi,

i recently upgraded to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 and noticed that the threshold limits that i previously changed was gone. So some of my script got the 503 error from the REST API. So i just created the file as you described previously in /opt/CSCOlumos/conf and added the following lines:

nbi.rateLimit.totalRequestThreshold=100

nbi.rateLimit.perUserThreshold=50

nbi.rateLimit.maxConcurrentQueries=50

nbi.rateLimit.maxAllUserConcurrentQueries=-1

nbi.rateLimit.limitPageSize=10000

Then change the rights for the file, "chmod 775 nbi.properties". Not sure if that had any impact or if you need to att more config, for example "nbi.rateLimit.totalRequestThreshold". If you exeed that value it doesnt matter the user config.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco Cloud Native resources: