Views
Helpful
Replies

Recursive search of SX20 corporate phonebook

AndriesDormehl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I noticed there is a 'Recursive' parameter one can set when searching the phonebook via the API. In the documentation it says that this parameter can only be used when searching the local phonebook.

Is there any reason this is the case and is there a trick to applying Recursiveness to a search of the corporate phonebook as well?

It would be a nice feature as I could populate a large array with one command rather than having to write a routine that has to crawl through each folder to pull out all the contacts contained.

Thanks,

Sam

3 Replies 3

RaymondNg1
Level 4
Level 4

Why not use the TMS phonebook API instead of the endpoint API?

If the endpoint can retrieve the corporate phonebooks and you can reach the endpoint there should not by any network limitations to directly query the TMS phonebook api.

If you do use the TMS phonebook api then it is possible to retrieve all the phonebooks recursively.

Thanks for your response Raymond.

That's a novel solution to me, I didn't know you could query the TMS phonebook.

Would there be an issue with tailored phonebooks for particular end points. For example an end point may only have a subset of the full phonebook, in which case if I query the TMS server would I be getting the full list instead?

I'm still curious as to why the recursive parameter does not work for the corporate directory. Is this a firmware bug or is it intended for any particular reason?

Regards,

Sam

The phonebook api is used by endpoints to retrieve their corporate phonebooks. You can use the same api to retrieve phonebooks.

You only need to identify yourself as an endpoint with its MAC address and you will only receive the phonebooks that are configured for that endpoint.

Just try this url to find some phonebook api documentation.

http://<tms ipaddress>/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

I don't know why the recursive parameter does not work. I have always queried the TMS for phonebooks.

Also i am not a Cisco employee, I am just a developer