Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central Firmware managment

Hi,

I am trying to centralize our UCSM Firmware management in UCS Central and so far I don't seem to have any luck.

I followed the configuration manual and nothing is happening. even if I put it to manual and refresh the library nothing new seem to happen.

all the other options under the domain group stays grayed out because no Capability Catalog gets downloaded.

Suggestions anyone?

Stephane Beausoleil

CGI virtualisation Team.

Stephane.beausoleil@cgi.com

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ha Ha! I think I found my error:

WHBP35464(ops-mgr) /firmware/download-source # show fault

Severity  Code      Last Transition Time     ID       Description

--------- --------- ------------------------ -------- -----------

Minor     F10000241 2014-02-19T05:08:43.482     11656 Cisco Auto Download Failed

. Error: SSL connect error

WHBP35464(ops-mgr) /firmware/download-source # Minor     F10000241 2014-02-19T05:08:43.482     11656 Cisco Auto Download Failed

If I read this right it means that the ssl port to the web site is not open.  (Firewall people will suffer!)

LEt me see with them and get this tried again.

Thanks for your help Jay!

Steph.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you elaborate on exactly what's going on?  Can you provide steps you went through on configuring it, and some screenshots of both configuration / errors, etc. to help provide context on what your configuration looks like and maybe a step you might be missing.

Hi Eric,

That is the puzzling thing I followed up the manual on every step.

so here is what I did:

made sure that the Cisco.com web site is opened up to my destination (Ucs central) from the firewall/websense servers)

configure the Download from Cisco panel under operation Management.

so username, Password, Download interval (on demand for now to keep control and follow up the logs)

ucsc2.PNG

so after that I go in the faults page and there is nothing there

I then go to the Library of Images to refresh it to get the download process started (since it manual as stated in the manual) and there is just nothing happening no errors no messages and especially no catalogue.

ucsc1.PNG

there is one fault that is related to my first trial before I figured out that the websense portal was closed to the Cisco Web site. but no new error since then.

ucsc3.PNG

any idea what's wrong or if there is a way in the CLI of the Vapp Server for ucs Central we can use to check it up?

Thanks

Stephane Beausoleil

CGI virtualisation Team.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

I think this would be best served with a WebEx session with you and I.  Email me at ericwill at cisco dot com directly, and we can troubleshoot this.  My guess is there is still something blocking this, but it'd be easiest to figure out live, if you are up for it!     

Good after noon Eric,

its being a while since we had time to move to ucs central so busy here.

but we are back to it,. with the new version and our FW update seems to stuck at the same place.

if you still have time I will gladly take your offer.

Stephane.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

I will be on PTO from July 2-July 20.  I am more than happy to help out post that.  Ping me at ericwill at cisco dot com.     

Thanks Eric.

If your off I will leave you alone until you back. This is not something worth your time while your off.

Thanks.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

jay.hawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the catalog (expand B and C series under firmware), are the firmware versions listed? In on-demand you need to force download of the specific fw packages.

If you're not getting the catalog list of firmware, I would kick UCS Central or remove all CCO information and input again to try and force the error.

Hi Jay,

by using the new Graphical interface, I can see if I try to do a sync of the firmware I get a "Failed to connect to Cisco.com with Supplied Credentials" message.

I think this maybe my main issue.  Do I require a different/special account to access the cisco web site?

and no there is no catalogue either else then what I have uploaded manually.

Thanks for your help.

Steph.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

As long as you're using a CCO that has access to your support contract you're ok. It should also work with your personal CCO if you can view and dl UCS updates.

We use a dedicated account vs a personal account.

Here's what I have, a full listed as soon as I get connected to Cisco.7-2-2015 12-25-29 PM.png

ok so,

I am guessing that CCO is for my Cisco Account.

I can download patches with my personal account and my Corporate account as access to the Cisco contract to.

both don't seem to work. and provide the same errors.

is there a way to do this in CLI from the console the errors might be different

Thanks Jay.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

Yep, relatively painless.

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-central/cli-reference-manual/1-3/b_CiscoUCSCentral-CLI-Reference-Manual-Release1-3/firmware_management.html

UCSC# (ops-mgr)# connect policy-mgr
UCSC(policy-mgr)# scope domain-group /
UCSC(policy-mgr) /domain-group # scope download-policy cisco
UCSC(policy-mgr) /domain-group/download-policy # set
admin-state enable    
downloadinterval 1 day
http-proxy Server[:Port]
username Username
password Password
proxy-password HTTP Proxy Password
proxy-username HTTP Proxy Username
UCSC(policy-mgr) /domain-group/download-policy # commit-buffer
UCSC(policy-mgr) /domain-group/download-policy* #

ok I will give this a try and post my result.

Thanks Jay.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

Ha Ha! I think I found my error:

WHBP35464(ops-mgr) /firmware/download-source # show fault

Severity  Code      Last Transition Time     ID       Description

--------- --------- ------------------------ -------- -----------

Minor     F10000241 2014-02-19T05:08:43.482     11656 Cisco Auto Download Failed

. Error: SSL connect error

WHBP35464(ops-mgr) /firmware/download-source # Minor     F10000241 2014-02-19T05:08:43.482     11656 Cisco Auto Download Failed

If I read this right it means that the ssl port to the web site is not open.  (Firewall people will suffer!)

LEt me see with them and get this tried again.

Thanks for your help Jay!

Steph.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: