cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Wave Playing Audio at Wrong Location

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 7.1 and the TSP running on Windows XP. I'm trying to be able to play a recording to an extension using the TAPI wave driver. I downloaded the sample application "Cisco TAPI Sample Application Project" from this site and cannot get it to work as expected. The scenario is this:

I call a CTI port extension from one of my phones and the sample application answers the call and plays a recording. However, rather than playing the audio to the calling phone, the audio is played locally over the speakers on the PC where the TSP is running. Is this a bug in the driver or am I missing some configuration item?

Thanks,

Ben

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben

Did you had chance to refer this doc -  Cisco Wave Driver

Note, the wave driver provides a way for apps to play/record audio via the standard windows MMIO wave APIs, but it is up to the application to implement code that does something with these APIs.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

I guess I don't understand. Is it possible to play a recording to a phone call using the TAPI wave API? Does my application require an RTP stack to send the audio directly to the phone?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I belive you are trying to stream audio into ip phone for that  i think you need to try waveOut function. For second question please  Refer  - rtp multicast streaming to cisco ip phones

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese