Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i install IOX on 819HGW?

cyhou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a 819HGW router running Cisco IOS Software, C800 Software (C800-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) and Cisco IOS Software, AP802 Software (AP802-K9W7-M), Version 12.4(25d)JAX1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4).

I would like to learn how to install Linux on this router. Based on my research, 819 should be able to support IOX. However, I wasn't able to find any information on how to put Linux on it along with IOS.

Thanks for you help.

10 Replies 10

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeffrey,

I couldn't get any related document on 819HGW.  But i think linux on linksys is possible and i belive by setting up the USB storage its possible to install. Please refer this Quick USB storage setup guide for Linksys storage link routers

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

819HGW is Cisco's hardened 819 router with cellular and wifi support. Most of the literature about IOX that I came across mentioned support for 819 (for example: Cisco IOx: Making Fog Real for IoT). However, I still haven't seen any documentation on IOX for 819 routers.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffery,

Cisco supports to install IOx on 819 now. But only 819 4G LTE SKUs are supported to install IOx. 819HGW is not supported.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Will 819 with AP ever get the IOX?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

IOx does not support 819 with AP (for example, the 819 HGW and HWD SKUs) as to the different CPU architecture. And I don't see it will be supported in near future. However, I will post it if there is any update for that.

Thanks,

Steve

adewanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeffrey,

As of now, IOX is supported only on CGR 1000 series routers. IOX for 819 is not available yet. We will be posting the related collaterals when we release it for external consumption.

Thanks,

Anuj

I have an 819 as well - and with the latest 15.5(1)T one of the new features is "IOx Support".  The link to it (like many others) on the 15.5(1)T New Features page is broken.

However all I can find more widely on what this actually is is just marketing information. I can't find exactly what the feature is and how I can use it.  Even if I look under the CGR documentation I can't find anything obvious like a chapter in the configuration guide that explains it all.

So pointers/URLs/examples for this feature would be welcome :-)

Reuben,

We are working to get site live on Devnet that will answer these questions and more about IOx on the 819. Stay tuned!

Marty

anthony.kalinde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just to be clear the C819HWD-E-K9 does not support IOX?

Thanks,

Anthony

No. It does not support.

You should have a C819-4G SKU for IOx. Thanks.

Best regards,

Steve