cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I would like to test UCS where can I log in or download the software to use UCS

Rideout421
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to test out this solution, need guidance on where I can access UCS.

2 Replies 2

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Michael,

I consulted with the USC Product Manager, and this is what he suggested:

If UCS means Cisco Unified Computing System, that's a hardware product.  The only software would be BIOS/firmware updates or management software (Cisco Integrated Management Controllers or UCS Manager/Director/Central).  www.cisco.com/go/ucs

If you are wanting to test out Cisco Collaboration software on virtualized UCS hardware, it's the same application software.  Would have to direct you to the licensing folks for demo/trial if you don't already have it.   For testing you can leverage free time-delimited ESXi download from vmware.com if you don't already have virtualization software.

Hope that helps. Please post back to this thread if you have questions.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

I think I may have to get in contact with our Cisco rep Bob Meyers. I wanted to use the UCS Director Management software in either an emulator or on an actual server that I have in my office. I would like to navigate the software management system and get a feel for using it. We currently use Hyper V and ESX 5.5i where I am working. I heard a lot of good things about the UCS Director version of the management software and want to get my hands on it