cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can IOX run on general computer environment?

dalujia163
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, could somebody tell me whether IOX can run on general computer environment, or the IOX must be tied with the Cisco device?

And I am survey cisco‘s solution about wireless communication between device? Could someone give me some suggestion or hint,

thanks a lot in advance.

3 Replies 3

adewanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lu,

IOX includes Cisco IOS Network Operating System along with a Guest Operating System (GOS) running on a hypervisor. As of now, only the CGR 1000 series platforms support IOX. IOX support for 819H is coming soon.

It is possible to deploy the GOS on a Type 2 Hypervisor on Windows/Linux/Mac. Instructions for Windows are documented here: Deploying Yocto using OVA/VMDK. GOS can also be installed on Ubuntu using Qemu. The procedure is documented here: Bringing up Yocto on Qemu.pdf

Can you also throw some light on what kind of wireless communications are you looking for?

Thanks,

Anuj

Hi Anuj,

I wonder if which GOS contains IOx client package ?

Is there any solid IOx/Fog management platform ?

Does Yocto support IOx ?

Thanks

Anju,

Do your instructions for running a GOS on Windows/Ubuntu only apply to a CGR or also an 819 ova from the SDK?  I tried to run test.ova in VirtualBox on Windows and got the following:

VB.JPG

Thank you,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: