cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification on IPICS REST API parameters?

psung0002
Level 1
Level 1

I need some clarification on some of the parameters for talkgroup/join section.

1. pmcid - is this an unique ID, that is kept all along within the PC, or is it an ID that is renewed along with the session ID per each connection made?

2. locationId / resourceID - what exactly do I need to input for these two paramters?

3. connectionType - The API has a null value after the parameter example "&connectionType=" Is it okay to leave it as a Null value?

When inputing the following request, I get an error message as follows:

Request : http://172.16.45.11/ipics_server/handsetservice/websvc/talkgroup/join/366(incident id)

Post Message :

pmcId=U6LyTovQ45XJ8ZaB&spwd=1406250333478&locationId=146&resourceId=143&resourceType=Channel&connectionType=PROXYONLY

Error Message :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

-    <mediaConnectionContainerVO pollFreq="0">

- <errorVO errorCode="Error">

<errorMessages>Invalid Session Id or Session expired. Session Id: 1406269621381</errorMessages>

</errorVO>

</mediaConnectionContainerVO>

As for the locationID on the Post message, do I have to input the value found from the pmc_config.xml located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\CISCO IDC 4.6\4.6\Bin\Config\ipics\172.16.45.11" directory?

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sangyoon,

pmcId (String)—Any unique ID, such as the MAC address, of the client to be included in the SIP connection. This ID should remain constant across sessions.
locationId (int)—Identifier of the location in which the client is operating.
resourceId (int)—Identifier of the resource to be included in the connection with the client.
connectionType (String)—Type of connection for a P25 talk group. Valid values are NATIVE ( use for a P25 channel in EndToEnd P25 mode) and PROXYONLY ( use for a P25 channel in Gateway P25 mode).

Please Refer - REST-Based API Functions

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

I understand that is directly from the API.

However, I'm having trouble understanding the document.

Can you clarify on the questions I've asked above?

1. pmcid - is this an unique ID, that is kept all along within the PC, or is it an ID that is renewed along with the session ID per each connection made?

2. locationId / resourceID - what exactly do I need to input for these two paramters?

3. connectionType - The API has a null value after the parameter example "&connectionType=" Is it okay to leave it as a Null value?

Is there someone or some other route I can directly talk to regarding this API issue?

An email address or any sort of contact point would be great.

Hello Sangyoon,

I would suggest you to contact our Technical Assistance Center (TAC). This is the dedicated group highly trained with troubleshooting, and other Post- sales related concerns.

You may contact them via email at tac@cisco.com. Also, you can open a case for this issue at https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case or call them directly, to get the numbers for specific country go to: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

Hopefully they will help.

Best Regards.

Cristina Alvarado

Global Virtual Engineering- Partner Help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: