cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone seen an issue with Flowcontrol on version 3.3.2?

chriswill
Level 1
Level 1

If you configure flowcontrol on an interface (flowcontrol receive on) on a 2960G then the "show interface"output shows that input flowcontrol is "ON"

If you configure flowcontrol on an interface (flowcontrol receive on) on a 3850 then the "show interface" output shows that "input flowcontrol is "OFF"

Our ESXi boxes are set to auto and if a 2960G is connected the Vm adaptor shows that:

Flow control=auto

TX= ON

RX=ON

If we then connect the same device to a 3850 switch the output changes to:

Flow control=auto

TX= OFF

RX=OFF

Hard coding the ESXi boxes and the SAN to ON still has no effect

I have seen the bug reference saying that this was fixed with version 3.3.2SE , but yet I still see this issue on our 3850's running 3.3.2SE.

Tried upgrading to 3.3.3 and then to 3.6.0 but still no luck.

Anybody got any idea's or seen this issue?

Cheers

Chris

2 Replies 2

jhenkenhaf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

I just recently stumbled upon the same problem, only to realize that it's almost 2 years since you encountered the problem.

Did you gain any insight on the case since then?

Tried with IOSXE version 3.6.3 and upgraded to 3.7.3 hoping the issue has been resolved, no luck so far.

No matter if I set the flow control settings to on/off/desirable, the flow control operational indicator stays "off" with no pause frames received (client is a multimedia terminal that, so I am told, sends the pause frames)

Currently I am thinking of opening a TAC since this looks exactly like the BugID CSCul33405, which should be ressolved in newer software versions.

Best regards,

Jochen

#show flowcontrol int gi1/0/25

Port       Send FlowControl  Receive FlowControl  RxPause TxPause

admin    oper     admin    oper

---------  -------- -------- -------- --------    ------- -------

Gi1/0/25   Unsupp.  Unsupp.  on       off         0       0

Hello. I have been trying to apply flowcontrol feature on a Tengig interface between Ciscos and no luck. I keep getting admin off oper on status for the interface. 

Te1/1 Unsupp. Unsupp. on off 0 0
Te1/2 Unsupp. Unsupp. on off 0 0

which corresponds to port-channel:

Po39 Unsupp. Unsupp. on off 0 0

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card