Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP error.badfetch handling

Rohit Saxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts,

This is regarding CVP 9.0, here Media server is a dedicated separate server(not co-resident).

If any prompt gets missed out in Media server by user mistake, then VXML gateway(iOS browser) returns an error badfetch and caller is getting dropped abruptly after survivability.

Is there any option where this situation can be handled more gracefully through 'CVP studio' and 'VXML code', like caller moves to the next option bypassing that audio prompt and such event is logged so that necessary action can be taken timely?

Regards,

Rohit

30 Replies 30

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

You can handle this event in Your Call studio with the help of hot events.

in the hot events node you can catch error.badfetch and transfer the path accordingly.

Thank you Chintan!!

Hello Chintan/Experts,

I have received one problem regarding to the approach suggested by Chintan as below, your views ??

"We used Hot events in case of bad fetch due to communication problem between the components and bad fetch due to unavailability of resource.

But currently for any CVP application it is not recommended to handle bad fetch from application and same is not followed for any of the projects,

It is recommended to handle any bad fetch issues from ICM and the same is followed in current TTSL production system.

Cause : We found multiple call issue due to handling of bad fetch in the application which effected the reporting."

Hi All,

we are also using Hot event in CVP application to capture the error and will take appropriate action according to call flow.

But my CVP application quite complex and we want to know the name of  audio file which is missing, so my support team can see the name of audio file in logs and replace the same in media server .

Could you please help, how to capture missing audio file name in cvp application instead of voice gateway?

Unfortunately, the VoiceXML Gateway doesn't return the URI of the

missing audio file to VXML Server.

So you have 3 options

1) Instead of looking in the VXML Server logs, monitor the IIS logs and

look for the 404 errors (C:\inetpub\logs\Logfiles\W3SVC1)

or 2) Instead of using the Audio element in Studio, use the element that

Paul Tindall posted on the DevNet forum - it allows you to specify that

the VXML Gateway should play the modified Audio element's audio to

completion. Therefore, 404 badfetch.http exceptions will be logged with

the audio element requesting them. This will at least point you in the

right direction - you'll know which Studio element requested the missing

URI.

or 3) Request the cisco modify the VXML Gateway's voice browser to

return the URI of the missing audio back to VXML Server to report.

Thanks, Janine

Hi Janine and Hemal,

Thank u very much for your valuable input. could you please share the details or link  of element that Paul Tindall posted on the DevNet forum.

Thanks

Tarun jain

I think Janine was referring to this one.

Besides the points that Janine listed you can also write a script that will go and filter out all bad fetches from activity logs. Also do you know that sometime all 404 bad fetches are not necessarily missing audios.

It can be caused by gateway issues also.

Hemal

Hello Chintan,

Hope all is well .

Can you please post a screenshot of a basic script showing how to use the HotEvent node. I tried it in my lab with no success and couldn't find any examples in the published documentation and discussions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

hey lara, do you want screenshot now also?

i was just away from the forum but can provide with the example screen shot

Hello Chintan,

It would be highly appreciated if you can post a screenshot of a basic HotEvent configuration.

Best Regards.

you can defined it as above, one thing i found while working with hot event was the event should match to what you see in your error logs.

Hello Chintan,

Thank you for the above.

Actually I need to know to where this node should be connected. Where should it be placed in the script? where do I have to connect the GoTo exit state?

Thank you in advance.

It depends on your business requirements.

I would prefer to connect exit state of Hot Events to CVP Sub-dialog return and send it to ICM for Queuing!!

In my opinion something potential would have failed on CVP and its not good idea to continuing the call treatment on the same.

Regards,

Chintan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: