Views
Helpful
Replies

add area code to the numbers in my directory

john.duall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so if I don't wirte this propperly or lacks any information, I'm so sorry and please let me know!!

I have a directory where we have all the telephone numbers from an office abroad.

the directory is:

http://Server/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp

Which with the user input queries:

http://Server/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp

This gives back a CiscoIPPhoneDirectory xml object. I need to add an area code to the number  in each DirectoryEntry

For example:

http://Server/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp    containg the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Doe, John</Name>

<Telephone>5555</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Jean, Billie</Name>

<Telephone>6666</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

And I need to add to each entry an area code (for example: 123). So that i would get something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Doe, John</Name>

<Telephone>1235555</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Jean, Billie</Name>

<Telephone>1236666</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

Does anyone know hot to accomplish this? or have any suggestiong or help of any kind?

I tried to delvelop an ip phone service but i don't know how to get the xml object and add the area codes.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

The phone originally incorporated the CiscoIPPhoneDirectory XML object to support the Directory operation of Cisco Unified IP Phones, but it is available for your development purposes also.

Definition

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<Title>Directory title goes here</Title>

<Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>The name of the directory entry</Name>

<Telephone>The telephone number for the entry</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

Note : For the directory listing, the Cisco Unified IP Phone displays the appropriate softkeys that are needed to dial the numbers that are listed on the display. The softkeys include the Edit Dial softkey, which allows users to insert access codes or other necessary items before dialing.

The Title and Prompt tags in the XML object have the usual semantics. A single CiscoIPPhoneDirectory object can contain a maximum of 32 DirectoryEntry objects. If more than 32 entries must be returned, use multiple CiscoIPPhoneDirectory objects in subsequent HTTP requests.

Reference:  CiscoIPPhoneDirectory

Also request to refer - How to prepend a dial string to 4 digits enter on a Cisco phone | IP Telephony | Cisco Support Community | 5961 | 119805…

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: