Helpful
Replies

Migration license for new install !!

Hi,

I have cucm cluster of 7.1.5

And we have this license migration PN MIGB-UCM-UWL-STD

It is migration from basic ucm user to STD. Assume it is for 500 users

I don't have PCD also I don't need to keep any current cucm configuration

So the question is: Can I have a new installation license file from the licensing team for the 500 CUWL users ? it will let me only install 10.5 then  license it with the 500 users instead of installing 7.1.5 on UCS then to upgrade then to use ELM to get the migration license

Also is there any thing important to be kept for me to go with the upgrade

Or it'll result the same license for 500 users as the new install ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Here is the response from a Cisco licensing expert:

Sorry for the delayed response. When you are migrating from 8.x and earlier to 9.x or later, a new license must be generated by the licensing team. Our recommendation is to go through the steps outlined in the Prime License Manager migration utility and then open a case with licensing@cisco.com. If you follow these steps, you will generate an email that can be sent for licensing to be generated. It is important to note that you have a 60 day grace period on licensing so you can complete your migration prior to receiving your new, permanent licenses.

More information on the migration steps can be found in the PLM user guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051_chapter_010.html#CPLM_TK_M94BF43F_00.

If no licensing will be installed on the system, you can still use the license count utility to count the users on the current systems to facilitate your migration. If you are still in planning stages, you can request a Pre-Migration Planning exercise by following the steps in this user guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/uct/CUCM_BK_UCT_Admin_Guide/CUCM_BK_UCT_Admin_Guide_preface_00.html. This can also be completed post-migration, but you will need to still have fully active 7.1.5 servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: