Views
Helpful
Replies

Unspecified Error - Recurring Conferences

kabrahams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

What's the proper way to invoke the SaveConferenceRecInstance using the 14.1.1 API?

TMSBooking.BookingService service = new TMSBooking.BookingService();

service.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(username, pw, domain);

service.ExternalAPIVersionSoapHeaderValue = new TMSBooking.ExternalAPIVersionSoapHeader();

ExternalAPIVersionSoapHeaderValue.ClientVersionIn = 10;

//I have a recurring conference, I get one of the occurrences by ID:

TMSBooking.Conference c = service.GetConferenceById(OccurrenceID);

//change the end time based on the user time zone.

c.EndTimeUTC = TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeToUtc(dtpEnd.Value, UserTimeZone).ToString("u");

//I don't specify the recurrence pattern as this is invalid according to the API.

service.SaveConferenceRecInstance(c); // throws unspecified error

Any pointers on this?  Thanks in advanced.

2 Replies 2

kabrahams
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the logs:

System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

Parameter name: s

at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExact(String s, String format, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)

at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles style)

at Tandberg.TMS.External.Booking.ExTMSAttributeMapper.MakeDateTime(String UTCString)

at Tandberg.TMS.External.Booking.BookingService.SaveConference(ExConference exConfIn, Boolean bSingleInstance, Boolean includeSipAnd3G, Boolean includeWebconferenceAndRecordingUri)

Note the 14.4 API says that unspecified errors should look at:

/tms/data/logs/tmsdebug/log-web.txt

However I believe it should be coming from

/tms/data/logs/tmsdebug/log-web-external.txt

as that error strongly correlates to what I'm seeing.  Can someone confirm this?

I get the same results.  I pull an instance of a recurring meeting with GetConferenceById but when I try to save it with SaveConferenceRecInstance then it throws an error with the message "Conference exceptions cannot be recurrent".  If I just use the the SaveConference method, then it will update the entire series, which is not what I'm looking for.  I've also tried the GetRecurrentConferenceById method combined with the SaveConferenceRecInstance method and still am not able to save and changes I make to the instance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: