Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert History-Info to Diversion Header

Hi,

We have CUCM 8.6 cluster integrated with Microsoft Lync over SIP Trunk.

We have the below SIP Normalization script to convert the History-Info to Diversion Header,

M = {}

M.allowHeaders = {"History-Info"}

function M.inbound_INVITE(msg)

msg:convertHIToDiversion()

end

return M

When a Lync user sets Call Forward All & Call Forward No Answer to external number, the script correctly changes the the header.

However when the same Lync user sets Simultaneous ring on the client, CUCM does receive the same History-Info but without any reason text.

Hence the script is not taking effect on that received INVITE message.

When we did Call Forward All from Lync number:+16477900399 to +13365439382, below is the History Info we received and it was converted to Diversion Header

HISTORY-INFO: <sip:+16477900399@uswsnn230.vcnqalab.dsqalab.volvo.net;user=phone?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D302%3Btext%3D%22Moved%20Temporarily%22>;index=1;ms-retarget-reason=forwarding,<sip:+13365439382@uswsnn230.vcnqalab.dsqalab.volvo.net;user=phone>;index=1.1

But when we did simultaneous ring to +13365439382 and got the following HISTORY-INFO, it was not converted to Diversion Header by the same script

HISTORY-INFO: <sip:+16477900399@uswsnn230.vcnqalab.dsqalab.volvo.net;user=phone>;index=1;ms-retarget-reason=forwarding,<sip:+13365439382@uswsnn230.vcnqalab.dsqalab.volvo.net;user=phone>;index=1.1

The only difference I see the in those 2 History Info is that, Simultaneous Ring INVITE doesn't have the reason text included.

is that the reason the Script not converting the header?

Thanks for your help

Suresh

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.
10 Replies 10

Hi, I managed to fix the issue by following the below video guide from Sreekanth. It is a very useful one if anyone likes to write the sip normalization scripts.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/node/12151771

BR,

Suresh

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

I have same issue when I receive  diffent incoming sip trunk (Lync and Siemens HiPath)

I could not see diversion header  on the CUBE  (lync trunk and QSIG  incoming calls.)

Call Flow for Lync:

Lync-SIP Trunk-sip-CUCM--SIP sip-CUBE-sip--ISP

QSIG Call Flow:

Siemens HiPath--QSIG / PRI-E1-VG 2921-sip--CUCM- sip-CUBE---sip- ISP

I can able to see Diversion header for my cisco iphone when i enable diversion redirected CSS on CUBE Sip trunk

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are seeing... Neither History-Info or Diversion?

I could not see any diversion and history info on the QSIG gateway .

Do you have a working scnerio ?

It's working as well CUCM initiated call fine but if call generated from QSIG gateway

Siemens HiPath 4000  does not sending history info or diversion , Its very old pbx system.

There are a couple of commands to make sure that history-info gets placed in INVITE. Have a look at these documents to get you started:

Cisco Unified Border Element SIP Support Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS Release 15M&T - SIP History INFO [Cisco Unified…

How voice gateway understand sip history received by Siemens Hipath 4000 ?

i found on this page 1 and 2 is that correct solution ?

When I enabled it on voice services voip  or dial-peer level Does voice gateway generate sip history info ? otomaticaly but how voice gateway know calls are forwarded or not forwarded ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/ios_xe/voice_cube_-_ent/configuration/guide/vb_10566_xe.pdf

If there is a 'redirecting number' IE (information element) in the Q.931/Q.sig SETUP message, these commands should convert that information into SIP headers.

These commands have to be configure through the Gateway (IOS) CLI, you can't apply them through Unified CM. I'd recommend opening a TAC case for assistance as this is not specifically a developer task.

Mark

Are you mentioned Display i = 'user01'  on your previous post ?

I thing configuration should be as follow,

1)

interface Serial0/2/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn outgoing display-ie

no cdp enable

2)

interface Serial0/2/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn outgoing ie display

no cdp enable

Nov 23 12:36:11.610: ISDN Se0/2/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x00A3

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech 

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98383

Exclusive, Channel 3

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN 

Display i = 'user01'

Calling Party Number i = 0x4180, '2023001'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '3023001'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

Nov 23 12:36:11.642: ISDN Se0/2/0:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x80A3

Channel ID i = 0xA98383

Exclusive, Channel 3

Nov 23 12:36:11.694: ISDN Se0/2/0:23 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x80A3

Progress Ind i = 0x8188 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: