cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can an application find that a cisco phone has an active call?

Hello all,

We have an application that communicates with Cisco phones and pushes texts/images/.. to phones. Is it possible for the application to find out if there is an active call on the phone, before pushing a message?

Thanks for you inputs,

Parisa

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Parisa,

Hope you are using JTAPI\TAPI application  and i think if the call is active there is no chance to receive the events, Next time i would request you to post your query under IP Phone Services

Please refer this url - Waiting call  Which seems to be a similar issue that you are looking for.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Parisa,

I've moved the discussion to IP Phone Services forum. If using CiscoIPPhoneExecute, you can set the priority so that the message gets displayed on the phone after the call ends.

Thanks,

Adrienne

For the most reliable results, as mentioned the CTI APIs (TAPI/JTAPI) will allow applications to be notified via event in real-time of the call status of a phone.

Somewhat less reliable but potentially easier to implement: I've seen some applications query the /StreamingStatisticsX page (available from the phone's on-board web server) to identify whether it looks like the device has an active call stream.  See the IPPS apps dev notes doc for details on this URL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: