cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

supervisors

dsutphin
Level 1
Level 1

Does Media Sense allow supervisors to filter recordings so they can only hear their own agent's recordings?

Is it possible for administrators to restrict recordings so that only the supervisors of the teams can hear their own teams messages. i have a client that want to ensure that the recordings can be restricted by departments.

customer is looking to move to Media Sense to become their recording software.

thanks

Dennis Sutphin Jr.
12 Replies 12

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

This is currently not possible in the MediaSense software.

It is on our roadmap. It is not part of the 11.0 release (Target FCS is spring 2014). It is a very high priority items for the release following 11.0.

Is your customer interested in using the MediaSense native S&P web application or the Finesse Supervisor Gadget?

Thanks,

Anil

My understanding is native but is there is benefit to go with finesse

Thank you

Dennis Sutphin

Sr voice engineer

813-925-6530

Dennis Sutphin Jr.

My question about native or Finesse was to understand what to build first for this features.

When being used in Finesse, we can get the information of the Teams that the supervisor is managing though Finesse. The login in done via a Finesse ID and MediaSense can get the required information.

When using Native mode, we are not sure where the information about the teams that the Supervisor is managing is stored and needs to come from. We are still looking at the options.

The customers environment is they currently use UCCE for their call center and use Varent for the recording platform. They currently are looking for an alternative to using Varent and ask us to look into Media Sense as a replacement. So the only alternative I can see at this time is if we are going to move forward with Media Sense is to install multiple clusters to separate the groups. Is this correct? Is there a different way that I have not considered?

\

thanks

Dennis Sutphin, CCNP-Voice | GigaTech

Senior Voice Engineer

(OA) 813-925-6530

(NOC) 813-864-8035

Network Dynamics, Inc

Dennis Sutphin Jr.

Yes using separate installs for each business entity is one way to do this. I have seen others do this especially since MediaSense is now available in smaller 2vCPU form factor.

Some other customers have used a desktop solution from a partner to achieve this. You can look at the Solution Plus partners for this.

If you want to discuss more about the design or roadmap, please feel to reach out to me at - anilve@cisco.com and we can talk live.

Thanks,

Anil

ivan.karagodine
Level 1
Level 1

We are in process of implementing UCCX and dropping our old Oracle based contact center solution. We are moving to use Finesse as agents client.  The MediaSense recordings access for supervisors is the main drawback for our environment. We need to restrict supervisors access to recordings from their team members only. That is so strange to see modern solution does not implement any mechanism to limit access to such a private matter as call recordings while we had that in a solution deployed 11 years ago.

Thank you for bringing this up Ivan.

Yes this is a glaring hole in our solution.

Putting in roles and permissions into the MediaSense Search & Play is the top priority item on my list for the release that follows 11.0.

Thanks,

Anil Verma

Cisco MediaSense Product Manager

anilve@cisco.com<mailto:anilve@cisco.com>

Phone: +1 206 256 3081

Mobile: +1 253 670 3156

Twitter: @anilve

Hi Anil,

Thank you for the fast reply. I am glad to know that that problem is on the table. Is there some prospective time line? Can we be a beta testers of the solution? I work for university – it is perfect test bed: from one side it is production with significant call load, from another, unlike big production call centers that sell stuff, we have very diverse environment and very patient customers.

I am asking because I am on the fence right now – should I learn new skills to develop application on top of MediaSense and UCCX API or should I wait?

Thank you again.

Ivan Karagodine

Voice Applications support/SysAdmin

NCS Core Infrastructure Applications

McGill University , Montreal

(514) 398-3913

Hello,

We just released a product for MediaSense. The roles and permissions can be setup by department or certain groups of users.

Here's the link to the product - Donoma MediaScribe | Donoma Software

Thanks!

I have a question that maybe is related to this problem. Is there a way of filtering records comming from UCCX CSQ , by the trigger they came from ? I know that by CSQ they can , but I am interested to to this by the trigger from UCCX and then maybe export them bulk. Does MediaSense have the option of exporting bulk ?

Thank you !

If the customer is using the Finesse Workflow to trigger recordings with UCCX, then the S&P can be used to only show data sorted by the CSQ.

Unfortunately MediaSense does not have Bulk capabilities built into the S&P GUI at this moment. It would be possible for the customers to do this using the API if they like. The API will allow them to search by CSQ tags and download the ones they want.

Hello Anil,

My client uses CUCM recording profile , not an action from UCCX . The calls come through UCCX Scripts to agents , which use Finesse , but the integration will be between MediaSense and CUCM . My question was if MediaSense can show me in session details somewhere , the Trigger associated to the UCCX Application / Script that the recorded call came through , because in my client environement , to sort the calls by CSQ it's not meaningfull. And if so, how can we tag this field .

Thank you for your answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: