cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge Capability

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

In my application, I want to place a call to an extension (supervisor) based on some event. After that extension answers and presses a digit I want to be able to conference that extension in with another extension's (agent) existing call without any other intervention required on the agent side. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

We have discussed this issue by email. Posting a summary here for the benefit of other readers.

It is not possible to execute a barge operation via TAPI.

The suggested approach to achieve what you are trying, would be to use conference - involving an application controlled CTI port.

Another recommendation is to consider the 'Whisper Coaching' feature set, as an extension of the Silent Monitoring.  It allows the functionality you are wanting, but does not allow the customer to hear the supervisor (only the agent can hear him.)  Your application may want to do something like start out in Silent Monitor mode, providing a UI for the supervisor to escalate to Whisper Coaching mode, and then switch to full-on Conference (as above) if he needs to fully join the conversation.

Thanks,

Smita

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

We have discussed this issue by email. Posting a summary here for the benefit of other readers.

It is not possible to execute a barge operation via TAPI.

The suggested approach to achieve what you are trying, would be to use conference - involving an application controlled CTI port.

Another recommendation is to consider the 'Whisper Coaching' feature set, as an extension of the Silent Monitoring.  It allows the functionality you are wanting, but does not allow the customer to hear the supervisor (only the agent can hear him.)  Your application may want to do something like start out in Silent Monitor mode, providing a UI for the supervisor to escalate to Whisper Coaching mode, and then switch to full-on Conference (as above) if he needs to fully join the conversation.

Thanks,

Smita

But how can Supervisor initiate a conference when he is on coaching/monitoring state?

Please let me know!

I think the general idea would be to end the silent-monitor/whisper call with the supervisor - leaving a 2-party call between agent/customer - then immediately use TAPI requests to establish a new, regular conference scenario between agent/customer/supervisor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: