Views
Helpful
Replies

Capturing Call Answer event

ashish.nijai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having difficulties in getting call answered event.

Call Answered means when called party answers phone

I am monitoring a CUCM extension.

Initially I used CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv event to signal answered event.
It worked well with extensions which are in local CUCM.

When i called to local extensions, CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv got caught when call answered by called party.

When I called to PSTN using CUCM extension, CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv event got captured when call was in ringing state.

When called party answerd call, CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv not captured by JTAPI.

I used events like CallCtlTermConnTalkingEv,CallCtlConnEstablishedEv but unable to get any solution.

Am I using right approach to capture Call Answered event?

Is there another way to capture call answered event?

Please guide me about same

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Ashish,

Use CallCtlConnEstablishedEv event and check if both terminal connection are in "TALKIN" states. App will receive 2 CallCtlConnEstablishedEv event.

Regards,

Umesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Ashish,

Use CallCtlConnEstablishedEv event and check if both terminal connection are in "TALKIN" states. App will receive 2 CallCtlConnEstablishedEv event.

Regards,

Umesh

Hello Umesh,

Can you please elaborate how to apply this as i am new with Jtapi and i am facing the same issue with (PSTN) phones i apply this condition to check if the state is answered or not but it works only with Ip phones

if (( mycall.getConnections()[1].getState() == Connection.CONNECTED)

&&(mycall.getConnections()[0].getState() == Connection.CONNECTED)

can you tell me how to apply your solution.

Regards,

Mohamed 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: