cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing same APP with different parameters on DX650

Detlef Gossrau
Level 1
Level 1

How can I install an APP on DX650 with different parameters ?

I have an APP with parameter 'IP' . I'd like to install this APP with 2 different IPs on different phones. So usually I would create 2 different Phone Services on CUCM with different name, same Service URL, different parameter and assign this services to different phones. But according to http://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/collaboration/end-points/dx-series/blog/2014/03/18/pushing-applications-to-your-dx650 'Service name/ASCII Service Name' has to be set to the package name of the APP. But that means I can create the service only once and use the APP only once.

Or am I wrong ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Best regards,

Detlef

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe it is possible to pass parameters to the application via the Android 'Shared Preferences' mechanism:

SharedPreferences | Android Developers

You can pass the values by adding Phone Service Parameters when defining the IP Phone Service – the name of the param will be the exact name of the shared preference

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: