cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

escape & fails in 10.5 in a distribution list search via cupi

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

this used to work: /vmrest/distributionlists?query=(alias%20is%20Finance+%26+Operations)

it now fails since upgrade to 10.5 :-(

<code>INVALID_PARAMETER</code>

<message>invalid filter: Operations</message>

9 Replies 9

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sascha,

Please try:

/vmrest/distributionlists?query=(alias+is+Finance+%2526+Operations+-+All+Staff)

With %25 is the encoded character for %. That seems to work for me.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either,

the request does get accepted, but there is no match found

/vmrest/distributionlists?query=(alias%20is%20Finance+%2526+Operations)

<DistributionLists total="0"/>

when I search for startswith, I see that the & is returned as &amp;, so tried things like

Finance+%2526amp%3B+Operations or Finance+%2526amp;+Operations

all returning 0

/vmrest/distributionlists?query=(alias%20startswith%20Finance)

... <Alias>Finance &amp; Operations</Alias> ...

Kind regards

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

I’ll check with the CUPI team to see how we can get around this for 10.x. Please stay tune.

Thanks and regards,

David

thanks David,

I have a Tac Developer case open, but haven't had much progress on that, any help is much appreciated!

Hi Sascha,

Looks like you are hitting the following defect CSCur20643 - REST API parsing criteria not handling "&" character in query parameter.

Here is the description of the defect:

In earlier releases (9.x), we have no support for multiple parameters in the parse

criteria for the query filter. In 10.x, there was a requirement for having multiple

parameters while parsing a query for REST API'S in unity connection. We now support upto 6

parameters in a query filter. To cater this requirement, we introduced the code logic

having ?&? operator as delimiter in case of multiple parameters and we separate the filter

in two on the basis of ?&? operator.

The only workaround now is to remove the '&' character from query parameter or replace the '&' character with another character in your distribution list.

Regards,

David

thanks David, I don't seem to have permissions to view the bug :-(  https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur20643

It's not satisfactory though, the & is escaped as %26 in the URI so should not be parsed as parameter separator,

adding support for multiple filter parameters has not been given enough thought & testing as it just breaks existing setups

Sascha,

Unfortunate, this is a defect introduced in the new code. It treats the & as a delimiter whether you escape it or not in the URL.  This is fixed in 10.5(3.23) release and later.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, but I always seem to struggle with the release where it is fixed (i.e. 10.5(3.23) )

and the version made available for download on CCO :-(

still waiting for the integrator to upgrade CUC to fix this bug ;-)

regards

Sascha

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sascha,

The following releases are known to have this fix:

10.5(1)ES97

10.5(2)ES3

10.5(2.175)

10.5(3.23)

11.0(0.46)

Which version are you having problem getting from CCO? Are you interested in getting the ES bulld?

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: