Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iOS native directory match on incoming call

Hi,

Apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

Is there a plan to add the capability of native contact resolution in incoming call on Jabber for iOS? I mean, resolution of calling number into calling name using iPhone/iPad directory and not Jabber contacts.

Thanks.

--

Filippo Zangheri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Filippo,

According to our team here this should already work – assuming the user enabled access to native contacts after initial install.

Are you experiencing this not working?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,

Jock

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not think this is in the plan for Jabber for iOS.  But let me check in to this and I will get back with you.

Filippo,

I contacted some people to see if this can be added as a feature enhancement.  I will let you know how that goes when I find out something.

Thank You,

Jock

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Filippo,

According to our team here this should already work – assuming the user enabled access to native contacts after initial install.

Are you experiencing this not working?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,

Jock

Jock,

Sorry for the late reply. Tested Jabber for iPad v.11.0.1 and it works smoothly -- only caveat is that when you add a new contact, you have to restart Jabber (or wait for some unknown amount of time) in order for it to pick up the new contact.

Thank you very much.

--

Filippo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: