cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP config page: Example values for ADS?

heinz.rietmann
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please give me a hint which values I have to enter in the LDAP config page to access a LDAP service on a Active Directory Server?apic-ldap.png

Cheers,

Heinz

3 Replies 3

bklauser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Heinz,

... thanks for posting - have you had a chance to look at pages 36/37 of the draft deployment guide? Could you refine which parameters are unclear and what LDAP server you're integrating with?

fyi: quoting from the guide

Step 1 In the Home window, click the Settings button at the top right corner of the screen. The Settings window then appears.

Step 2 Click LDAP Credentials in the Settings navigation pane to view the LDAP Credentials window.

Step 3 In the LDAP Credentials window, enter your LDAP username.

Step 4 Enter your LDAP password.

Step 5 Enter the LDAP server URL address. For example, enter a URL address such as ldap://ldap.cisco.com:389.

Step 6 Enter the security principal. The security principal is the name of the user or program performing authentication. For

example, enter a value such as OU=active, OU=employees, OU=people, O=cisco.com.

Step 7 Enter the security authentication. The security authentication is the mechanism to use. For example, enter a value such

as simple or SASL.

Step 8 Enter the Group Attribute. For example, enter a value such as group membership.

Step 9 Click the Add button to save your LDAP configuration to the Cisco APIC-­EM database.

hth,

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Looks easy, thanks for the hint!

I found a additional note in the deployment guide:

With this Cisco APIC-­EM release, the controller does not access any user identity information from Active

Directory.

Therefore I will just omit it for the moment.

Thanks anyway!
Heinz

The LDAP setttings are for group information.  Identity information is obtained through PxGrid (Cisco Identity Services Manager) or radius proxy.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community