Views
Helpful
Replies

voice element - digits no match problem

isilo0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a problem with the digits element. Here are the settings to the element:

Input Mode: both

NoInput Timeout: 5s

Digits Max NoInput Count: 1

Digits Max NoMatch Count: 1

MinDigits: 1

MaxDigits: 11

DisableHotLinks: false

SecureLogging: false

MaxnBest: 1

So according to these settings, when nothing is entered the flow will exit from "no input". If an input with digits between 1-11 is entered, the flow will exit from "done". If an input with digits greater than 11 is entered, the flow will also exit from done but take only the first 11 digits.

For rare cases, this element exits from no match. There shouldn't be any case where no match is encountered since the allowed number of digits start from 1. Has anyone ever seen this problem before or do you have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

The * (star)  key will cause NoMatch event if it's entered while executing a Digits element unless you have 'vxml allow-star-digit' set in the gateway config. So, callers may accidentally be pressing * when they mean to be pressing digits.

If you want to allow * as a valid key anywhere in the string, you could use a Form element to collect the input instead and use the  dot to match any one DTMF key (digit or *).  See the IOS VXML Programming Guide for a description of the Gateway's Regular Expression grammar language.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Angelina Talley
Level 5
Level 5

Actually, depending on what you have your termchar set to, you could get a nomatch in this case by just pressing termchar. So, if your termchar is set to # for example, and the caller just hits # at the prompt, that would count as zero digits but doesn't count as a noinput (because they did in fact enter something, just nothing valid).

Could that be causing what you're seeing?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Termchar is empty, nothing is set there. I don't think that's the cause of the problem

Is this happening with the speech part or also with dtmf ?

Hemal

With dtmf

If you don't set the termchar, it defaults to #. Callers pressing # without pressing other digits is a real possibility for what's causing this.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi,

Termchar is not automatically set to #. When pressed #, the digit element exits from done counting it as 1 digit. The problem seems to be not caused by termchar.

Thanks

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

The * (star)  key will cause NoMatch event if it's entered while executing a Digits element unless you have 'vxml allow-star-digit' set in the gateway config. So, callers may accidentally be pressing * when they mean to be pressing digits.

If you want to allow * as a valid key anywhere in the string, you could use a Form element to collect the input instead and use the  dot to match any one DTMF key (digit or *).  See the IOS VXML Programming Guide for a description of the Gateway's Regular Expression grammar language.

gauravpurohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using "voice element - form" to get the DTMF value user entered.

while invoking the CVP app, I am also passing the expected (valid options) DTMF that caller should press as Opts parameter.

I am having difficulty to confirm/check in CVP studio weather the input is "one of the valid options".

I read somewhere that "voice element - form" automatically performs the "no input" and "no match". is this correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: