Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging Options

Can any one tell me is there a way for unity to send a link instead of an attachment to a user when they recieve a VM.

We have an issue with our EMAIL O365 retention policy. HR is requesting that VM only be kept for 30 days while EMAIL be kept for 2 years.

I have set the Unity retention to 30 days but when a user gets an email with the .wav attachment this is automajicly archived for 2 years in the O365 cloud. Microsoft is saying they have no way at this time to exclude these emails from the archive.

So is there anything I can do on unity to notify a user they have a VM but not actually attach the file to the email.

Thank you for any advice.

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about trying intelligent notifications

It's in connection 9 and later

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/quick_start/guide/9xcucqsghtmlnotifications.html

Thanks

Srini

I like this idea.

My only question is how do I get it to work on cell phones for users that are NOT connected to the corp network via the VPN.

So I get a VM I am traveling. I see the HTML link on my Iphone I want to just be able to click it and listen to it? Is that possible

Yep that's an issue. I have a thread on this a year or so back and asked the BU to provide expressway support but that never happened

Even if you do vpn You will have to re login too

On the flip side you can do jabber on mobile and that will allow outside the network but if jabber isn't your standard then you have look at third party solutions like mutare which allow streaming from their box

I don't have first hand knowledge on them but we have a customer who uses it

http://www.mutare.com/techdocs.asp

Thanks

Srini

We have jabber on mobile and will be installing expressway very soon.

One thing I noticed today is that the VM tab on the left of the jabber client is NOT present on the Iphone app. I do have it on my jabber for windows and MAC clients.

Any thoughts on what would cause that?

Might want to post that on support forums or open a TAC case. Could be a configuration issue. it should work for sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: