cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference Between TalkAutoOutTime & AutoOutCallsTalkTime

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does anyone how TalkAutoOutTime is calucated?

It is gives very slightly different values to values contained in the AutoOutCallsTalkTime field?

Both of these fields are contained in the "Agent_Skill_Group_Interval" Table.

The database schema document extract defining these fields (see the end of this discussion), did not help me

Looking at the TCD records, I can see out the AutoOutCallsTalkTime is calculated from the TCD Table Talktime where the PeripheralCallType is equal to 34.

However I cannot understand how exactly how TalkAutoOutTime is calculated from???

Can anyone help?

As an aside, I assume that all values that are contained in interval tables are taken from the call "detail tables" such as, Termination_Call_Detail, Route_Call_Detail and Dialer Detail tables.

Is this correct?

ICM does not appear to use Store Procedures to populate the intervals tables. Is there anywhere this is exactly documented OR where you can view the SQL that 'builds' the intervals tables so you can understand it better?

Extract from Database Schema

TalkAutoOutTime

The number of seconds the agent spent talking on

AutoOut (predictive) calls during the reporting

interval. TalkAutoOutTime is included in the

calculation of LoggedOnTime.

AutoOutCallsTalkTime

Total talk time, in seconds, for AutoOut (predictive)

calls handled by an agent associated with this skill

group that ended during the reporting interval. This

value includes the time spent from the call being

initiated to the time the agent begins after-call work.

It includes the HoldTime associated with the call.

AutoOutCallsTalkTime is counted when the

after-call work time associated with the call (if any)

has completed, and the database is updated every

reporting.

Regards,

Gerard

1 Reply 1

Gerard,

From the text, it would appear that AutoOutCallsTalkTime includes the call's HoldTime, but TalkAutoOutTime does not.

As for the "calculation"... I've never assumed that anything in the AWDB/HDS databases is a calculated value unless the DB Schema explicitly says so. A good example of this is ServiceLevelHalf in Call_Type_Half_Hour, for which the three formulas are provided. Anything else I would consider to be a tallied or recorded value, and not necessarily a "calculated" one (as in, derived from other fields).  By the nature of the system, I'm sure there are ways to calculate many tallied fields (like you have done for PCT=34 and AutoOutcallsTalkTime), but that doesn't necessarily mean that UCCE did any calculation (besides simple addition as the events occurred) to come to the same value.

I can't recall specifics off-hand, but I remember seeing multiple places in the past where there were fields in Historical tables that never seem to show up in Real Time tables ever. I suspect that much of the Interval Table data are populated directly by the Logger processes, not using any special SQL. The Logger uses its database to initialize itself on startup if it can't reach other Loggers, but there is certainly stateful information that does not stay in the database before being written to Historical.

-Jameson

-Jameson