cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do you remember your fist VoIP call?

hcaldwel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On December 22, 1999, Cisco VoIP has arrived!  Through our technology patent, a phone revolution began using the Internet instead of traditional phone lines

Any interesting stories you can share from any of your first VoIP calls?

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.
8 Replies 8

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Mine was October 2005, During a conference call between the office of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo (Orange Busines Service - Brazil).

Daniel Sobrinho

bessem.hamzi
Level 1
Level 1

C’était en en janvier 2015, entre notre bureau de Tunis et le siège à Mahdia en Tunisie

I translated this for our English speaking users:

It was in January 2015, between our office and the headquarters of Tunis Mahdia in Tunisia.

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

It was 2001 and I was at a small municipal government in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I had been voluntold to support the new phone system because I "knew Cisco" (I had been studying for my CCNA).  The call wasn't a super long distance (basically between two rooms in the same building) but it was still cool to see it work for the first time.  It was really rough around the edges then, light years ahead now!

I love that, John!  Thanks so much for sharing!

Anthony Towsley
Level 1
Level 1

Was in 2006 after the old traditional PBX at my company was replaced with a Cisco CM system. Worked seamlessly. What was more memorable was setting up my first CUCM in 2010 and placing my first internal call between two phones that I configured. That was exciting and fun. Been working in Voice/Collaboration ever since and love it.

I bet that was exciting!  Thanks for sharing!

7. Re: Do you remember your fist VoIP call?

It was in 2001 when traditional PBX where a customer was integrated with Cisco CM system. Worked seamlessly. The most memorable was the creation of my first CUCM in 2001 and the placement of the first internal call between two phones That was exciting and fun. Ever since and love it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: