cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Jabber clients have enterprise organization framework installed?

zdh
Level 1
Level 1

HI, all

I need to know if I can integrate my enterprise organization framework with Jabber clients. Everytime when users start their jabber clients, either from PC or tablet, or iphone, etc.,they should see the organzation framework shown on the Jabber client. Users don't need to input contacts at all, all the contacts are preconfigured by the background system and put to the front users to use. For instance, if my company have 2 departments, one is IT Dept. and the other Finance Dept.. Users should see IT and Finace on the Jabber and also all the people belong to these two departments. Do we have any SDKs supporting this function?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

User contacts can be managed programmatically using the Presence Client Configuration SOAP interface:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/unified-presence/overview/client-configuration-web-service/index.gsp

Note, it appears that at least on Jabber for Windows, modifying a user's roster via this API will not cause JabberWin to dynamically/immediately reflect the updates - JabberWin will reflect the changes when it is restarted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: