cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know which Cisco are using specific port with API of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1

scottdeeley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to know if it possible to know which Equipment are using a specific port?

Here the problem I have :

I need to monitor 900 Sites and more with the API. At this moment I'm able to have all Sites that are Down at 100% = UNREACHABLE

To do that I'm using the API like This :  https://XXXXXXXX/webacs/api/v1/data/Devices?.full=true&_ctx.domain=%22STORE%22&reachability=%22UNREACHABLE%22

This provide me all devices that are Down.

But some sites will be able to go on Dial-up Backup when High Speed came down.

This will put Tunnel 3 UP in Cisco Prime and all other Tunnel Down.

I want to know if it possible to do a query to the API to have all devices that have Tunnel 3 UP

This monitoring will run every 5 minutes.

I cannot ask the API every 5 minutes about all equipment that are not UNREACHABLE, to know if they are on Dial-up backup.

Is anyone can help me about this little problem. I'm on that for many month

Thanks you in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At present we don't support this use case.  Our filtering either ANDs all of the criteria together (the default behavior) or ORs all of the criteria together (if you specify .or_filter=true).  Also, when we filter collections (like interfaces in InventoryDetails), we are finding the root entities that match the criteria, rather than finding a collection element that matches all of the criteria.

So if you filter for operational state as being UP and an interface name of Tunnel3, the default behavior will be to find all devices that have any interface with an operational state of UP and have some interface named Tunnel3.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At present we don't support this use case.  Our filtering either ANDs all of the criteria together (the default behavior) or ORs all of the criteria together (if you specify .or_filter=true).  Also, when we filter collections (like interfaces in InventoryDetails), we are finding the root entities that match the criteria, rather than finding a collection element that matches all of the criteria.

So if you filter for operational state as being UP and an interface name of Tunnel3, the default behavior will be to find all devices that have any interface with an operational state of UP and have some interface named Tunnel3.