cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Deploy

Joe Gilbert
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating from cvp 9 to cvp 10.5. I've exported and imported 3 applications from call studio 9 to call studio 10.5. I then deployed these to cvp 10.5 without issue.

On the 4th application, I get an error when trying to run the deployApp.bat file. I get the following error.

*** Unable to deploy the application 'Util_PromptManager'. The error was: There

was a problem parsing the XML file C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications\Util_Pro

mptManager\data\application\callflow.xml: The content of element type "call_flow

" must match "(events?,element_def+,substitute*,hotlink*,hotevent*,error?)". Ple

ase see the global error log in CVP_HOME\VXMLServer/logs for more details about

this error. ***

Here is the error in the global error log.

01/05/2015 15:34:40.265, SERVER ERROR: There was an error attempting to deploy the application. The error was: com.audium.server.AudiumException: There was a problem parsing the XML file C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications\Util_PromptManager\data\application\callflow.xml: The content of element type "call_flow" must match "(events?,element_def+,substitute*,hotlink*,hotevent*,error?)".

Has anyone seen this error before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a quick manual fix, you'll find an events element incorrectly located in the offending callflow XML file.  If you move it ahead of the element_def's it should deploy.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a quick manual fix, you'll find an events element incorrectly located in the offending callflow XML file.  If you move it ahead of the element_def's it should deploy.

Thank you, that did fix the issue. Is this a bug in Call Studio/CVP or did I do something wrong during the export/import process?

Looks like a Studio defect that came with the 10.5 event handling enhancements.

denizcaglar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I also get the same error, i couldnt understand the workaround, can not find the events element in the callflow page. Can you please explain a bit more?

I believe what was meant was this :

Edit the file :\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications\appname\data\application\callflow.xml

In that file you'll find an xml tag <events>....</events>

If you remove that entire portion (from the opening to the closing partner tag), then you should be able to run the deployApp.bat script.

Thanks for details Janine.

I had searched it in the callflow.xml on the Call Studio, now i find it on the server, deployed version and achieve to deploy.

But when i deploy the application again, events tag is in the callflow.xml again. So should i remove this tag on my every deploy? Isn't there any permanent solution, like removing something on the Call Studio and commit it to the source control?

Deniz,

The permanent fix for this issue is for Cisco to release a patch / Engineering Special for CVP Studio 10.5

This issue is affecting me too (its a pain!).

I do know that Cisco have a bug assigned to this issue and are actively working on a fix,

so hopefully we will get one soon!

Gerry

You might try this - go into CallStudio. Right click the appname in the

Navigator and go to Project/Properties/CallStudio/General.

In the Loggers box, select the ActivityLog and press EDIT and then press

EDIT again.

At the bottom of that ActivityLog xml page, you'll probably find the

offending tag.

Remove it from here.

If that fixes your issue on this application, then you can make that the

default for every NEW app you write in Studio by doing the same fix

under Window / Preferences / Call Studio / General.

Let me know if that fixes your issue.

Janine

Janine,

I tried above - but I don't see any offending tag.

In the callflow.xml file I have a single line as below.

<events/>

If I delete that line as per your instructions, it fixes the issue and the application will deploy / update.

When I look at the general call studio preferences as above, I don't see anything out of place.

I have it below, in case I missed something.

Any offending tag that you can see?

Gerry

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "../../../../dtds/ActivityLoggerConfig.dtd">

<configuration version="1.0" name="ActivityLog">

<format delimiter="," remove_delimiter_from_content="true" date_format="standard" date_granularity="milliseconds"/>

<scope logging_level="Complete">

<definitions>

<level name="Complete">

<event id="start"/>

<event id="end"/>

<event id="elementEnter"/>

<event id="elementExit"/>

<event id="elementFlag"/>

<event id="defaultInteraction"/>

<event id="elementData"/>

<event id="custom"/>

<event id="hotlink"/>

<event id="hotevent"/>

<event id="warning"/>

<event id="systemError"/>

<event id="javaApiError"/>

<event id="xmlApiError"/>

<event id="vxmlError"/>

</level>

</definitions>

</scope>

<rotation>

<by_size mb_limit="100"/>

</rotation>

<cache>

<per_call kb_limit="50" allocate="once"/>

</cache>

<purge>

<file_count greater_than="100"/>

</purge>

</configuration>

I have the same problem with you Gerry.

In the deployed version, i have only this tag  <events/> with no opening tag. And if i look at the activity log config, i can not see any tag to delete like that.

Hi,

when

there's no content between the opening and closing tags. OK, sounds like

a Cisco bug where you just have to go into each Studio app's

Project/Properties/General tab and edit each ActivityLogger to remove

that tag.

Easy enough workaround.

Hi Janine,

But the tag is not in the ActivityLogger's config page as Gerry posted above. So we can not delete it from Project/Properties/General tabProject/Properties/General tab. I also opened a case to Cisco.

Deniz,

For your Cisco case, you can mention that the defect is CSCus84362.

This in my view is a P2 CVP Studio Bug, as it does not allow a deployment or an update of a application without a manual change of the deployed XML file. It would be a P1 if there was no workaround.

Janine,

If there is something we can do within CVP Studio , which  would allow you to deploy the application without an error it would be very useful, but as Deniz says above, there is no event do delete from activityLogger config.

Gerry

Try this.

1) First make sure you've removed the <events/> tag from the

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications\MyApp\data\application\ActivityLogConfig.xml

file

2) Then go into the Studio App's project properties/General tab.

Select the ActivityLogger and press Edit.

De-Select the checkbox "Include Configuration File"

3) I believe that when you deploy from Studio next time, the

ActivityLogConfig.xml file on VxmlServer will remain unchanged.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: