Views
Helpful
Replies

apply* commands and return value

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I needed to apply some changes to a phone - fortunately for me I'm on 10.5 where I can use the new applyPhone command. So I ran it successfully, I see that the update did take, and as a return value, I get a guid. However, unlike add or update operations, the guid doesn't come with the curly brackets. Is that really correct or should it return the guid in curly brackets?

4 Replies 4

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would imagine it is a matter of inconsistency from the other commands.  It probably should come with the curly brackets as well.

That being said, is this something you are pointing out or is this something that is impacting an application you are writing?

The documentation doesn't state what the apply commands are supposed to return, so I'm not sure if the return value matters at all. I've been going by the rule "if it ain't an AXL error, consider it to be successful" which so far has worked out.

Either way, if it's a bug, it should be fixed, but if the return value doesn't have a particular meaning or if you can just go by ignoring it, it's probably not a priority 1 bug..

Ideally, I'd like to see the option to return Moe and Larry brackets in addition to Curly brackets.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. 

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Stephan,

I sent an e-mail to the DEs about this to see if they can assist.  Hopefully they will reply soon and we can back to you on this issue.

Thank You,

Jock

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: