Helpful
Replies

CUIC Permalink Failure in Finesse

tmessenger
Level 1
Level 1

CUIC 10.01

Finesse 10.0

I followed the instructions for creating a CUIC gadget but I get a 403 error in Finesse. 

In CUIC, I have "Enable Unauthenticated Access" checked and under Security/User Permissions/All Users have access to the referenced report.  The permalink works outside of Finesse and the xml in the gadget is as shown in the instructions.

Any thoughts on what to check?

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the error:

403_error.JPG

5 Replies 5

paulegan1
Level 1
Level 1

What exactly do the users have in terms of permissions? Have you tried with "Execute".

I have the same issue.  I have set the permission to Execute for Allusers but it didn't make any different.

Thai Dang,

Are your CUIC Gadget files on the Finesse server? We were told by Cisco TAC they need to be on the Finesse Server as 3rdparty Gadgets.  Once we followed the 3rdparty gadget set up and used the sample from here, we've been up and running.

Hi Tim,

Yes, I placed those gadgets on Finesse’s 3rdPartyGadgets directory. I was able to get with the attachment xml file but

The result is unpredictable. Sometime, the row would take the entire frame. But sometime, it would display correctly.

Please take a look below at the “CUIC GA Continuing Team Statistics Summary” and let know if there are document out there

that I can use to format the display.

Displayed incorrectly

Display correctly just an hour earlier

Regards,

Thai,

The gadget is displaying two different names.  In image001, it's "CUIC GA Continuing Team Statistics Summary" and in image002, it is "CUIC GA_Continuing_Team_Historical".  According to the xml you sent, it should be image001.  Were any changes made during that hour between not displaying correctly and displaying correctly?  Did you restart Tomcat after uploading the gadgets?

Your gadget xml is a bit more complex than ours.  We used the sample code and substituted our Permalink from CUIC.  The only change I made was to the height. I did notice that the ampersands are not escaped out (&) in your Permalink.

Here is a screenshot of the sample gadget I attached:

Capture.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: