cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

updateRemoteDestination - what about remoteDestinationProfileName and dualModeDeviceName?

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I wonder if that's correct in the documentation: For AXL 8.5 and 9.1, updateRemoteDestination does not list the abovementioned two tags, even though they are part of the corresponding add operation. For AXL 10.0 and above, the two tags are suddenly also in the update command.

And, staying with the the remote destination - what about the index in lineAssociation? AXL 10 mentions an index (integer) value, but only for get, not add nor update. Is that something that is internally set when you do an add?

4 Replies 4

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephan,

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding the two new tags in updateRemoteDestination. Can you explain the issue?

As for the index question, you would want to set the index for the line on the remote destination profile, not the remote destination. For example, on the CUCM Admin site you aren't able to set the index on the remote destination page. This would explain why you can't set the index value of the line using add or update.

Thanks,

Adrienne

here's a getRemoteDestination from CUCM 9.1: Note that it can contain a remoteDestinationProfileName or dualModeDeviceName:

getRemoteDestination-cucm91.PNG

The corresponding updateRemoteDestination for CUCM 9.1 Looks like this

updateRemoteDestination-cucm91.PNG

Note the lack of the remoteDestinationProfileName and dualModeDeviceNameremoteDestinationProfileName tags.

Now let's look at the corresponding updateRemoteDestination for CUCM 10.5

updateRemoteDestination-cucm10.PNG

Note that both remoteDestinationProfileName and dualModeDeviceName are now present.

So.. why are they not in updateRemoteDestination in CUCM 9.1? In fact, on CUCM 10.5 it is possible to Change those values.. I have a unit test that 'attaches' a new remote Destination Profile by changing the remoteDestinationProfileName value.

As for the lineAssociation.. a getRemoteDestination Returns this:

getRemoteDestination-lineassociation.PNG

An update only takes this:

updateRemoteDestination-lineassociation.PNG

And it Looks the same for addRemoteDestination - clearly indicating that index is not something you can set. So, I was merely wondering about the usage and presence of that tag in the first place.. what is index used for... what would an index 1 mean over an index 2.

Hi Stephan,

It looks like remoteDestinationProfileName and dualModeDeviceName were added to the 10.5 schema but have not been noted in the new and changed section of the documentation. I will create a defect get this updated.

As for the index, the index number of a line reflects the order the lines. The line with index 1 is the primary DN, The line with index of 2 would be listed second on the phone's display, and so on.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: