Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Presence sandbox for IM and presence demo chat

clement.tessier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently trying to implement the IM and presence functionnalities of the Jabber SDK : Use the Jabber Core APIs - Cisco Developer Community.

Although, I cannot get a Cisco Unified Presence server set up using the DevNet Sandbox. My main issues are:

- which type of sandbox must I reserve (Collaboration 9.1 Lab? Shared Endpoint Lab? Another one?)

- once the correct sandbox reserved, where do I create 2 users so I can try the demo chat, exchanging messages between two accounts)

Could you please guide me through these steps to get this set up so I can start using the API for IM and presence?

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

2 Replies 2

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Clement,

In order run this demo, you will need to reserve the Shared End Point. All reservations for this lab only last 15 minutes. Once in the lab, you will need to run the first step in order to gain VPN access. Then, the other commands can be used to provision the users in Jabber as you like.

From this point you should have the info you need to run through the Jabber Demo. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as we are placing a request to have the documentation updated to reflect these changes.

Thanks,

Jacob Adams

Thank you for your answer Jacob. I don't know when I will be able to try this again but I take note of this.

Actually, my company transfered me to another place for this project where a dedicated jabber server is available. I should therefore be able to run the test using this server and not the DevNet Sandbox anymore.

I'll get back to this thread if needed. Thank you very much and looking forward to read this updated documentation.

Regards,