Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when connecting device Jabber sample page

daniel.pease
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently trying to establish a video link using the sandbox environment and the sample.html page within the Jabber SDK. So far I have done the following:

• Reserved the Sandbox environment
  • Downloaded the Jabber SDK
  • Installed the browser add ons
  • Connected to the VPN (supplied via email) via Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
  • Deployed the Jabber SDK to enable the sample.html page to run
  • On the right hand side of the sample.html page I have successfully logged in using
    • User Name: user01
    • Password: cisco1234
    • CUCM: 10.10.20.1
    • Mode: Softphone

This has now populated the Device drop down list with the value of CSFuser01 and enabled the Connect button.

However, when I click the Connect button I get an error "Login Error eUnkown Failure".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

10 Replies 10

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Daniel,

Let me login to your sandbox and see what is happening.

Will get back to you shortly.

Joe

Hi Daniel,

Just tried it there with user01 on my own PC and it works fine. Can you try in another browser?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried it in IE, Chrome and Firefox but still no luck.

I am running in localhost in Visual Studio. Would this make a difference or would I not even get passed the Login inside sample.html?

Dan

Hey Daniel,

Not exactly sure if that would make a difference. I have seen this with certain PCs getting the "eUnknown Failure", while its ok on a different device. if you are getting the device displayed in the dropdown, then communication with the CUCM is fine. When you hit connect, thats when it actually registers. I suspect the SIP messages are not get through for some reason. Is it possible for you to quickly test on a different PC? I can investigate here further.

Joe

Daniel,

Make a change to the CSFuser02 device. Can you try registering with user02? password is the same.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I tried with user02 but with no luck I then tried connecting using a laptop that's not connected to our internal network and it connected fine so the problem must be firewall related I guess.

Although I managed to get it working, the camera on the guest device is not working with Jabber. In IE there was no video at all and in Chrome the guest could see the other PC's camera but not vice versa. For the guest I am using a Dell Venue 11 Pro (5130). Is this camera supported and have you got a list of cameras that are not supported? I've read on the forum that is doesn't support Atom processor's. Is this correct?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

Not exactly sure about what cameras are supported. On the SDK there is a dropdown on the menu showing the Multimedia devices. Does the camera appear on that list? Also, make sure you have the "with video" checkbox checked when making calls.

Can you tell me what call flow you want to test i.e. two anconnect client calling each other, calling from jabber guest to your SDK?

Joe

Hi Joe,

The camera appears in the dropdown but doesn't work when connected and yes the video checkbox is checked. Is there a list of supported/unsupported devices?

I am just testing the sample page in the SDK currently but the aim is to have Jabber embedded in a web application within our organisation and Jabber also embedded in another web application that users outside our organization can connect to.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Daniel,

Are you sure the Camera is not being used by another application? I have seen cases where another application is taking the camera from the sdk.

joe

Hi Joe,

Not sure really. There's no other applications installed that would use the camera apart from the camera itself. How would this be rectified?

Thanks

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: