cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OVA for a Dedicated TFTP

Ahochau
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to deploy dedicated TFTP servers in our environment and am wondering if the OVA for the TFTP server needs to be the same as the call processing servers.  We are using the 10,000 user OVA for 10.5 for the call processing servers, and logically it doesn't seem the TFTP servers would require the same level of RAM and cores.  However, I have had TAC tell me we couldn't add a subscriber to a cluster in the past because the OVA used was not the same.  Anyway, will go through the virtualization Wiki to see if there is an answer there as well.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Joey De Wiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We asked this question at one of the presentations at Cisco Live in San Francisco last year and were told "all the servers in a cluster must use the same OVAs". I don't know if the answer is still the same, but the question is still a good question.

Joey

From the SRND

• When deploying a two-node cluster, Cisco recommends that you do not exceed 1250 users in the cluster. Above 1250 users, Cisco recommends a dedicated publisher and separate nodes for primary and backup call processing subscribers.
  • Cisco recommends using the same OVA template for all nodes in a cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/callpros.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: