cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vmware Customization Specifications??

clonts001
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to specify a Vmware customization specification when deploying VM's using workflows in UCSD???

5 Replies 5

michzimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brendon,

The information provided in the Service Delivery Policy in UCSD is used to customize the provisioned/cloned VM. UCS Director does not leverage VMware customization specifications today.

Thanks,

Mike

This is one of the biggest flaws I see currently with UCSD. You can't do some rather simple and trivial things like prompt the user for a static IP address before deploying a VM or allowing the user to enter domain joining information.

UCSD 5.2 i customize a Windows VM always fail.

i checked at vsphere client the VM always prompt a customize error.

i  also try to find the guides at Cisco Guides, but i can't found it.  could you please tell me the reason or how to resolve it?

thanks

From what I can tell, even today in 2018, you cannot pass in a static ip! 

To be clear: it does not seem possible to set a static ip from the results of a workflow in a catalog policy.

Eg: Use PHPIPAM or an external tool to return an IP Address, and popular the default NIC on a VMWARE template customization. I believe It may be possible to have a workflow generate a VM with those passed in, but then you cannot use catalogs for clients.

murnimaduasli
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer