Views
Helpful
Replies

Screenpop Sample Gadget modification

tomislavd
Level 1
Level 1

Dear team,

I found Screenpop Sample Gadget partly useful in my scenario and would like to have two modifications. I could not find the way to fix it.

I need URL address immediate opened with user login into Finesse. I'm planning to use it with 3rd party CRM and to star working users need to login trough some URL provided where they will enter credentials.

Later gadget will do his job to update contend dynamically on call event and at the end if is possible to change current behavior to close opened popup rather to stay on opened page, cause agents have to enter some data even after call finish.

Does anybody have this kind of request?

thank you

7 Replies 7

Absaar Javed
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Tom

I am not sure about the first requirement i.e signin to finesse using URL. But for the second requirement where you are required to close the screen-pop, you can apply a check on number of dialogs. As when a call is received number of dialogs become greater than 0 and when a call ends number of dialogs become 0 again, in this way you can show your screen-pop during call and hide it when the call ends.

Hi Absaar,

thank you for your reply.

Actually you misunderstood my first request. My agents will login into Finesse trough normal login URL and after that in some TAB - gadget they need to have their CRM web URL to login and to start work when first call arrives.

On each incoming call WEB/CRM content has to be refreshed based on customer information and stays in that status until new call will come and triggers the content update again.

Thank you

Dear Tom

A gadget opens an external page inside an "iframe", now there are many websites which are allowed to be opened in an iframe like bing.com, and at the same time there are many which doesn't allowed to be opened in an iframe like google.com.

As the CRM page you want to open in finesse desktop will also be a web-page so it depends whether it allows to opened in an iframe or not.

You can check this by replacing the URL in sample-gadget's .js file to your CRM's URL to check if it opens in iframe or not.

Regards

Hi,

My CRM application works ok inside iframe and pop up is trigered inside the gadget when incoming call comes and has callVariable1 asigned (callerID).

So is there a way to have static URL, CRM login page, in gadget opened  immediately after user logins into Finesse and can change his status to Ready, otherwise when first call will come and triger popup it will not get customer data from CRM as agent wont be authenticated previously.

I hoped that this has to be easy to implement as this is one of very popular used cases, per my opinion.

Thank you

Dear Tom

If you want to open your CRM login page when an agent signsin to finesse' then your render method in ScreenPop.js file will become something like below:

render = function () {

var currentState = user.getState();

callVariable1 = callvars["callVariable1"];

// html is initially blank

var html = '';

// add a div tag to the html

html += '<div>';

html += '<iframe src="Your_CRM_URL" width="100%" height="650"> </iframe>';

html += '</div>';

//set the html document's agentout element to the html we want to render

$('#agentout').html(html);

gadgets.window.adjustHeight();

}  

}

Hi Abssar,

thank you very much for you suggestion, I will try it and let you know.

Could you please just advise me how to disable trigger after call finises which returns URL to original one, rather to stay in current page - triggered previously with workflow.

Tomislav

Dear Tom

The if (numDialogs==1)  in render() method applies the trigger i.e. displays screen-pop only when there is a call and hiding it when there is no call. In my previous reply you can see that I have removed this if-statement and modified the render()  method in such a way that it will always be showing the CRM page.

Regards