cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS vs. TAPI

dmcgrail
Level 1
Level 1

I have an audio recording solution that records all the phones in a CUCM using built-in-bridge via SIP Trunk route point. I now need a data collection mechanism for value added meta data such as CTI Events and ACD Data. I would like to be notified of Call/Phone Events such as "Alerting", "Active", "Held", "Retrieved", "Transfer", "Conference", "Disconnect". I would like to receive more meta data than whats in the SIP INVITE / NOTIFY packets from the recorder. I would like to know what VDN handled the call, what Skill or Queue it routed via ACD to get to the agent, amongst various other data that may be available.

The solution needs to be a single service that can subscribe (if that's the proper terminology) to events from many different devices. This is not a desktop app, this is not a softphone, this is not a one-to-one. This needs to be a one-to-many concept whereby a single service running on a single server, receives events for many different devices. Yes, it could be more than one service and more than one server for load balancing, fail over and redundancy but you get the idea. A service based approach for all devices is required.

I've done some research and realize there are 2 potential avenues to investigate, TAPI and CTIOS? Please advise on the best method of approach and where to download the development kits for CUCM 10.5. Seems the last known MEDIA KIT for CTIOS is outdated. Per the devnet webpage for CTIOS it says "Customers and partners should order CTIOS by ordering the NFR Media kit CCEH-MEDIA80-K9 through their sales team". This SKU no longer exists, looks like its an CUCM8.x SKU.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAPI will provide all the call details and events, however it is completely unaware of the contact-center specific things like agent ID, skill group, routing group etc.

The Cisco TAPI plugin (TSP) installer and related SDK materials are available as an .exe installer which is downloaded from any CUCM instance, via the Applications/Plugins menu of the admin web UI.  Documentation and some other resources are available from DevNet:

Cisco TAPI

The CTIOS server uses the same backend interface to CUCM to obtain detailed call events and call control, but of course also has the contact-center details available for apps.

Overview - Cisco CTIOS

(I'm not as familiar with the contact-center products and APIs, but have alerted our SME of your questions here)

Both of these interfaces are designed for monitoring multiple endpoints in a server-to-server architecture.

For DevNet members, a not-for-resale bundle of Cisco UC product installation media (including UCCx) is purchasable via the Cisco Store:

Cisco Solution Partner Program

(look under 'Promotional Software' and 'Collaboration Partner Bundle Offering'

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmcgrail
Level 1
Level 1

hmmmm, nobody wants to offer their 2 cents???? Amazing, come on, you must have some comment.

TAPI will provide all the call details and events, however it is completely unaware of the contact-center specific things like agent ID, skill group, routing group etc.

The Cisco TAPI plugin (TSP) installer and related SDK materials are available as an .exe installer which is downloaded from any CUCM instance, via the Applications/Plugins menu of the admin web UI.  Documentation and some other resources are available from DevNet:

Cisco TAPI

The CTIOS server uses the same backend interface to CUCM to obtain detailed call events and call control, but of course also has the contact-center details available for apps.

Overview - Cisco CTIOS

(I'm not as familiar with the contact-center products and APIs, but have alerted our SME of your questions here)

Both of these interfaces are designed for monitoring multiple endpoints in a server-to-server architecture.

For DevNet members, a not-for-resale bundle of Cisco UC product installation media (including UCCx) is purchasable via the Cisco Store:

Cisco Solution Partner Program

(look under 'Promotional Software' and 'Collaboration Partner Bundle Offering'

Hi Dan

Just checking to see how far your development went with TAPI?

The solution needs to be a single service that can subscribe (if that's the proper terminology) to events from many different devices. This is not a desktop app, this is not a softphone, this is not a one-to-one. This needs to be a one-to-many concept whereby a single service running on a single server, receives events for many different devices. Yes, it could be more than one service and more than one server for load balancing, fail over and redundancy but you get the idea. A service based approach for all devices is required.

Did you manage to implement a "monitoring" only solution? I am stuck with a similar question and currently evaluating options in CISCO's API.

Thanks

Randeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: