cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I fetch a custom ECC within a 3rd party gadget?

ccrossland
Level 1
Level 1

So I read through the documents and I am fairly sure the function I want is getMediaProperties().

I know something like :

dialog.getMediaProperties().callVariable10

will fetch me CV10. So lets assume a custom variable named user.WakkaWakka was defined. And we know it works because the test string we defined in the script editor is showing up in that fancy CallControl gadget. So my first instinct is to use something like :

dialog.getMediaProperties().user.WakkaWakka

but no luck, I tested that the hand off between the xml and the js was good by putting a callVariable in the place of user.WakkaWakka and that was fine, so I know the issue is in the initial grab from the dialog and obviously I'm not doing it right.

So, how do I fetch a custom ECC from within a 3rd party gadget using javascript without jumping through some insane hoops?

4 Replies 4

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Colin,

I'll want to display into Finesse Desktop an URL which is passed by the IVR through an ECC variable.

Do you have any hints on how to do this? Any Cisco Custom Gadgets that can be useful? Did you fouund a solution to your problem?

Thanks, Rui

Sadly, the fetching of custom ECC variables still has quite a few of us pulling out our hair. The problem is that if it isn't an out of the box variable we can't seem to fetch it. If you can figure that out for us, I will show you how to to open up web pages or any valid URI as either a pop up or within a frame.

There is the UpdateCallData API.

There is some discussion on how to setup an ECC variable here...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1001/user/guide/CFIN_BK_CF7BB5C7_00_cisco-finesse-administration-1001/CFIN_BK_CF7BB5C7_00_cisco-finesse-administration-1001_chapter_011.html

And, in JavaScript...

states = finesse.restservices.User.States;

stuartrwalker
Level 1
Level 1

In my custom gadgets, I use this:

var callVars = dialog.getMediaProperties();

Then, I can access ECC variables like this:

somevariable = callVars["user.ecc_variable_name"];

Hope this helps,

Stuart W.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: