cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PE never stabilizes with imported config?

MATTHEW BECK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm just getting started with PE and have installed the 2.2.3aPE1 OVA so I can import an existing config that is running 2.2(3b). Setup went fine so I imported my existing config, checked it for errors (none) and then restarted. Once it was back up I launched UCS Manager to check things out. Unfortunately, it's not working right at all. At first none of the chassis were acknowledged so I waited 15-20 minutes while it processed a whole bunch of stuff. Faults keep appearing and disappearing across all nodes and it never stabilizes. Looking at the faults I see failures and retries and problems that don't exist in the real environment such as DIMM errors. It has been a few hours since the restart and I can't use the system at all due to the constant churn of faults/events. Any suggestions on how to get me going?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matthew Faiello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Matt, it's Matt....

Sorry for the pain, but it's a current bug. Please make sure DB Persistence is Turned-off....and restart UCSPE.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matthew Faiello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Matt, it's Matt....

Sorry for the pain, but it's a current bug. Please make sure DB Persistence is Turned-off....and restart UCSPE.

No problem - as long as it wasn't something I did.    I gave up on that domain and imported a different one that seems to be fairly stable so far. Any explanation as to why all chassis would suddenly become disconnected from the FIs? They were connected a few hours ago and I didn't touch the emulator settings. The event log is also showing tons of FI locator LED off messages. Very strange.

But those are secondary to my needs. On the positive side registration with Central went well and I'm learning cool stuff!

Thanks for the help and have a good weekend!

Matt

Hey Matt, that sounds like some occasional "kludgy" behavior sometimes encountered with the Emulator...It's not perfect, but I'd like to think 95% of the time it's a great tool. Just reboot the emulator if this happens.

You'll also discover the emulator is Great for testing Scripting, PowerTool stuff. All in all, it's an invaluable tool.

Welcome, and have an awesome weekend too!

Best Regards,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card